Mobile Apps Support Easier Resume Upload, 3D Touch to Preview New Jobs, Split Screen Feature to Compare Salaries and More MILL VALLEY, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 23, 2016) - With more than 50 percent of monthly visits coming from job seekers on mobile ...
Mobile Apps Support Easier Resume Upload, 3D Touch to Preview New Jobs, Split Screen Feature to Compare Salaries and More
MILL VALLEY, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 23, 2016) - With more than 50 percent of monthly visits coming from job seekers on mobile devices1, Glassdoor, the world's most transparent jobs and recruiting marketplace, has unveiled several new features for its popular Glassdoor Job Search mobile apps for iPad and iPhone. The new features, allowing job seekers to upload their resumes easier, preview jobs and salaries via 3D Touch, compare salaries and company information side by side on one screen and more, are designed to make the job search and job application process easier and faster from anywhere. The updated apps are now live in the iOS App Store.
"With the ease and access of mobile devices and tablets, job seekers are searching and applying to jobs from anywhere at any time. Glassdoor delivers a rapid and highly responsive job search experience that combines the latest job openings with first-hand insights into pay, company culture, benefits, interviews and more," said Rob Sturtz, Glassdoor's head of mobile product management. "Providing a great mobile experience is one of our top priorities as it supports Glassdoor's efforts to create a far less nerve-racking and time consuming job search process. We want to help people find a job and company they love and to do that, we are working hard to remove some of the frustrations and challenges that job seekers experience elsewhere."
Glassdoor's updated apps for iPad and iPhone are optimized to support several features that are exclusively available to iOS users. In addition to being able to search, save and apply to millions of jobs, customize alerts, and research more than 12 million salary reports, company ratings and reviews, interview reviews and questions, benefits reviews and office photos for 540,000 companies, new features job seekers can now take advantage of include:
- Easier Resume Upload: Integrated with the iOS Document Picker, job seekers can now upload their resume into Glassdoor from a multitude of third-party apps, including resumes stored on iCloud Drive. With a variety of online storage options to choose from, job seekers will be able to instantly upload their resume into Glassdoor, allowing them to apply to jobs faster. (iPad and iPhone)
- 3D Touch to Preview Jobs, Salaries and More: Using 3D Touch, job seekers on iPhone can now preview key information on jobs, salaries and companies to determine if they want to see further detail. For example, a job seeker can use 3D Touch to view a specific salary report and will instantly see the job's base pay and total compensation in a preview mode. The job seeker can then decide to view additional pay details by pressing deeply on that specific job, such as cash bonus, stock bonus, profit sharing, commission and tips, or move on to another salary report. (iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus)
- Split Screen Experience to Research Workplace Insights From Employees: Job seekers using an iPad can already view the latest job openings on the left side of their screen, while viewing corresponding job descriptions on the right side in one experience, but now, they'll enjoy the same seamless experience when they search and compare salary reports, company ratings and reviews and interview reviews. For example, a software engineer candidate in San Francisco, CA will now see several local companies on the left side of the screen, with detailed pay information for that specific job and location for each company on the right side, allowing them to compare salaries on the spot on one screen. (iPad)
- Multitask While Job Searching: Thanks to new multitasking features on iPad, job seekers can now be even more productive as they search for jobs and research salaries and companies. This means people can split their iPad screen to show Glassdoor on one side while performing another task, such as catching up on email, on the other side. (iPad)
- Sharing Workplace Opinions: Glassdoor iPad users will now be able to share workplace reviews and ratings, salary reports and more to help others get a better sense of what it's really like to work at their company, what their earning potential could be, among other information job seekers want to know when deciding where to work. (iPad; already available on iPhone)
The Glassdoor Job Search mobile apps for iPad and iPhone currently enjoy a 4.5 rating out of 5.0 stars2 in the App Store and are free to download.
Glassdoor continues to change how people search for jobs and companies recruit talent with localized websites and mobile apps in 11 markets beyond Glassdoor.com's worldwide reach: the UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Netherlands, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, and India. These app updates are now live for all languages and markets.
APP IMAGES: Images/screenshots of Glassdoor's updated mobile apps for iPad and iPhone are available upon request. Please email: email@example.com.
Glassdoor is the most transparent jobs and recruiting marketplace that is changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent. Glassdoor combines free and anonymous reviews, ratings and salary content with job listings to help job seekers find the best jobs and address critical questions that come up during the job search, application, interview and negotiation phases of employment. For employers, Glassdoor offers job posting, recruiting and employer branding solutions to help attract high-quality candidates at a fraction of the cost of other channels. In addition, Glassdoor operates one of the most popular job apps on iOS and Android platforms. Launched in 2008, Glassdoor has raised approximately $200 million from Google Capital, Tiger Global, Benchmark, Battery Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures, DAG Ventures, Dragoneer Investment Group, funds and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. and others.
(c) 2016 Glassdoor, Inc. Glassdoor is a registered trademark of Glassdoor, Inc.
1 Glassdoor Internal Data, April 2016
2 Based on 157 reviews of the current Glassdoor Job Search mobile apps for iOS as of June 15, 2016
Mel Bolton or Scott Dobroski
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Glassdoor.com via Globenewswire
Source(s) : Glassdoor.com
Partnership offers real time social interaction and synchronized second screen integration in a true live OTT television viewing environment Las Vegas - NAB 2016, booth #SU3821 - Net Insight, the leading provider of live, interactive and ...