Nokia enables new agility and flexibility in network planning and optimization (NPO) by combining cloud technologies with global expertise, proven tools and methodologies NPO Transformation service will reduce operator complexity, shorten planning ...
- Nokia enables new agility and flexibility in network planning and optimization (NPO) by combining cloud technologies with global expertise, proven tools and methodologies
- NPO Transformation service will reduce operator complexity, shorten planning and optimization by up to 40 percent, and free up proactive resources for other tasks
- Assessment provides comprehensive view of operational performance and efficiency
22 September, 2016
Espoo, Finland - Nokia is to launch an NPO Transformation service, leveraging its global planning and optimization expertise, innovative software tools and proven methodologies to provide operators with greater agility to meet customer demand and tap into new business opportunities.
As operators take advantage of the opportunities offered by 4.5G and 4.5G Pro on the path towards 5G, they are tasked with simplifying the network operations of multiple legacy radio technologies. The Nokia NPO Transformation service will help them do this, reducing the time spent on network planning and optimization by up to 40 percent and freeing resources to focus on proactive customer-centric tasks.
The service includes an operational assessment which uses value stream mapping and a task model, developed from Nokia's extensive experience in conducting transformation projects with multiple operators. The assessment provides operators with a clear view of their current performance, measuring variables such as productivity, capital expenditure, and the level of customer satisfaction. Armed with this data, Nokia can then work with an operator to define its goals in these areas and put in place a detailed transformation plan focused on roles, processes and tools.
With access to a plethora of automated technologies and analytics, Nokia can also provide operators with an in-depth view of network conditions over time, allowing them to move away from reactive, labor-intensive network operations to a more predictive approach. With tools such as the recently launched, cloud-based AVA platform, Nokia can enhance knowledge of the customer experience, allowing operators to make the most of existing infrastructure and to prioritize future investments more efficiently.
Nokia is trialing the use of new technologies such as drones to cut the time, cost and manpower spent on traditional drive- and walk-testing. One customer trial used drones for optimizing network performance in a sports stadium. Nokia is also using minimization of drive-testing features to provide a more rounded view of the network over a longer period of time than can be gained by traditional drive-tests. 3D Geolocation offers a more detailed alternative, with the ability to correlate data on radio conditions and application performance, and unlock hidden insight about the mobile experience for subscribers inside high rise buildings. Where tasks such as site acceptance require traditional drive-testing activities, Nokia is using automization to speed up data processing.
Dennis Lorenzin, head of Network Planning and Optimization at Mobile Networks in Nokia, said: "By leveraging Nokia's global scale, tools and its wealth of expertise in network planning and optimization, operators can take advantage of cost structures and technologies that may not otherwise be available to them. The Nokia NPO Transformation service offers operators a comprehensive, step-by-step approach to free them from many of their daily planning and optimization tasks, allowing them to focus on their strategic business goals."
Did you know?
- Current Analysis recently ranked Nokia as the leader for Network Planning and Optimization, recognizing the Nokia AVA platform which offers fast, efficient delivery of NPO services, reducing total cost of ownership for operators*.
- Nokia is experienced in applying LEAN and KAIZEN methodologies to network planning and optimization.
- Nokia received a 2016 Global Telecoms Business award for Mobile Infrastructure Innovation with Ooredoo Qatar. Using analytics and automation, Nokia boosted data speeds over Ooredoo Qatar's LTE network by 50 percent.
- Web Page: Nokia Network Planning and Optimization services
- Web Page: Nokia AVA cognitive services platform
- Infographic: Transforming Optimization for the cloud era
- Web Page: Nokia Global Service Delivery
- Web Page: 3D Geolocation Planning and Optimization
- Press Release: Nokia AVA, the new cloud-based cognitive platform for fast, flawless service delivery to operators #MWC16
- External article: Nokia and du launch network testing drones in Dubai
Connect with Nokia:
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Nokia Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. www.nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: NOKIA via Globenewswire
Source(s) : NOKIA
Nokia to acquire Deepfield to power network and service automation with real-time, big data analyticsPress release Deepfield provides integrated cloud, application and IP network insight in real time so customers can quickly improve network performance, efficiency and security Its technology drives and guides SDN controllers to make ...
Nokia launches extensive 'as a service' portfolio to accelerate the move by operators and enterprises to an ultra-connected worldPress Release Nokia XaaS portfolio leverages services expertise across fixed, mobile and IP technologies. Portfolio includes 'AirScale Wi-Fi® Controller as a service', 'Optimization as a service', 'SmartData as a service' and 'Nokia 5520 ...