Adding a combo box in an Excel cell

VisualBasicLearner
How do I add a drop-down list/combo box to a column in an excel
worksheet? I wish to add an editable combo box in one of the columns
of an excel worksheet so that the user could either type in some text
or choose from the list of entries in the combo box. In another
column, I wish to add a non-editable combo box/list box wherein the
user can only choose from the list and not write anything else which
is not there in the list. I am not very familiar with VBA.

Bradley Dawson
If you just want a drop-down list on the spreadsheet, why not use data
validation? Go to Data>Validation menu and from the "Allow:" drop down,
choose list. A "Source" drop down will appear where you can enter a source
for the entries. This can be on the same sheet, out of the print range, on
a different sheet, or even another excel file (although I would recommend
that since the file would have to be open for it to work). You can type in
the range or click the little red, white and blue graphic at the right and
select the source range by highlighting it. It has to be single contiguous
row or column of data. You can also type in the data, seperated by commas.

After that, click the "Error Alert" tab and uncheck the checkbox for "Show
error alert after invalid data is entered." That will allow the user to
enter whatever she wants there. Leave it checked to restrict input. You
can even give a warning or information and still let the user enter data by
selecting another style besides stop.

If you are placing a combo box in a spreadsheet from the control toolbar,
make sure that the Locked and MatchRequired properties are false (default).
Check the properties window. Also, the properties window has a
ListFillRange property which is the range where the entries are. You must
type this in, selection and comma delimited lists aren't allowed.

Same goes for a userform but the source range is called the "RowSource"
property.

As for getting values from a MS Access database, you're on your own.