Can we Trigger for abnormal loss of connection to postgres?

Sonali Bhagat
Hi all,

I want a trigger to get fired when my application's connection to the
database gets disconnected abnormally.

Currently I am able to find out using "sp_who", which servers are connected
to the database and their connection status.
However I need a trigger to be fired on the event when there is abnormal
disconnection.
I plan to monitor the Server Name and its status in the " sp_who "
procedure

Can someone tell me which table does "sp_who" query on?

Is there any other way to execute a stored procedure and perform some steps
when a connection is lost to a database?

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks..
Sonali

Jacques Vuillermet
Hi,

This is a newsgroup about Microsoft SQL Server, not Postgres.

If you're question is about Microsoft SQL Server, what is the version you
use (select @@vesion)?

Regards.
Jacques.