cant shut down my computer anymore

quentinio
i got a new computer.. i install my modem, and all the
solftware i needed.. but now i cant shut windows down
anymore.... i click on start , shut down ... ,then i have
to reset or withdrawn the power plug to close it ....even
the shut down button on my tower isn't working to close
it ... just the reset button button is working...
any suggestion..

Panthère Noire
Hello quentinio

This is a group for french speaking people ;) English group microsoft.public.windows.xp.general

For problems with shutdown, you can get some solutions at
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

--
Félinement
PN [Microsoft MVP WindowsXP]