Group AD and Sharepoint

Sydney
I'd like to create group in AD, and I'd like to use this group in Sharepoint.
Is it possible ?
If so, how can I do ?
I see that I can import profile, but is it possible with groups ?
Is it possible to apply security in this group in AD. or should I apply the
security in Sharepoint after importing the groups.
Does it work the same for wss site .
Thanks for your help.

Chris
> I'd like to create group in AD, and I'd like to use this group in Sharepoint.
Is it possible ?
If so, how can I do ?

It is possible -> just create the security group in your AD and add the
group to the user list.

I see that I can import profile, but is it possible with groups ?

I cant help you on this one, try by yourself :))

Is it possible to apply security in this group in AD. or should I apply the
security in Sharepoint after importing the groups.

Security level in AD and SPS are unrelated, except for Domain
Administrators(a member of an Administrator group can access SPS / WSS even
if he isnt allowed to), so, you have to configure security both in SPS and AD

Does it work the same for wss site .

Yes.
sydney
Thanks Chris.