I have added an entry in sudoers, but does not work :-(

vidaubannais
Hi,

I have a firewall GUI called firestarter at the following location:-

/usr/bin/firestarter

This program can be started only by root - so I have added the
following entry in sudoers via visudo:-

testuser localhost=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/firestarter

so the user 'testuser' can start the program as root without having to
enter a password on localhost.

When I do:-

$sudo -l

logged-in as 'testuser', I have the following output:-
(root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/firestarter

Which is just fine.

**BUT**, when I try to launch the program as 'testuser' on the commad
line - the KDE keep asking me for the root password, just the same as
before I modified my sudoers file!

Thanks for your help!

Philippe Delsol
Hi,
Hello,

I have a firewall GUI called firestarter at the following location:-

/usr/bin/firestarter

This program can be started only by root - so I have added the
following entry in sudoers via visudo:-

testuser localhost=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/firestarter

so the user 'testuser' can start the program as root without having to
enter a password on localhost.

When I do:-

$sudo -l

logged-in as 'testuser', I have the following output:-
(root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/firestarter

Yes it's fine !

Which is just fine.

**BUT**, when I try to launch the program as 'testuser' on the commad
line

What is this command line ?
If you enter :
# sudo -u testuser /usr/bin/firestarter
It doesn't work !!
Just login as testuser and enter the command :
# sudo /usr/bin/firestarter
It will work as expected !