Internet Provider in Paris (English)

Le
chris
Hi out there!

I am from Austria, Europe (Autriche) and have a girl friend in Paris.
I don't speak French, sorry.

I proposed her to buy an old laptop for cca. 100 Euro. My question is:
Which internet-provider should she choose? I cannot find anyone on the
web, I had a look at French Telecom but I didn't understand this page,
they don't have an English version. We would only mail, so a Dial-Up-
Access is enough.

Here in Austria I have broadband-internet. I pay for unlimited access
30 Euro per month, including the basic tax for phone.

Please post a link here!

THX,
Chris
legoff
Le #1291449
chris a écrit le 10/04/2007:
Here in Austria I have broadband-internet. I pay for unlimited access
30 Euro per month, including the basic tax for phone.

Hi,
it's the same thing in France using provider as www.free.fr,
www.neuf.fr or www.tele2.fr (and others around same price, as
club-internet.fr maybe); you'll have up to 20 Mb/s, including basic tax
for phone, and local, national, european, US (and more) calls (except
to GSM billed on "pay as you go"), and with TV by ADSL.
But if you only want dial-up access, you'll have 15 euro per month for
basic tax of France Telecom, and pay as you go billed as local call or
with fixed price for some hours.
You can see for example (only three ! ):
Free : 50 H / 14,94 eur
http://subscribe.free.fr/free50h/subscribe/
Neuf : 20 H /6,90 EUR or 100 H / 19,90 with "preselection" (all your
outgoings calls are billed by Neuf)
https://souscription.neuf.fr/AffichePageSaisieNDI_RTC_RES.do and at
next step, choose fixed price ("Forfait tout compris") or pay as you go
("Accès libre")
Orange :
http://www.orange.fr/bin/frame.cgi?u=http://abonnez-vous.orange.fr/default.aspx?id=5
, look about "Bas Débit" (right of screen) then Forfait Bas Débit ou
"Accès libre" (pay as you go)
Free : http://subscribe.free.fr/accesgratuit/subscribe/formuser.html

THX,

have a good surf !

/legoff

xxxx
Le #1291447
chris wrote:
I proposed her to buy an old laptop for cca. 100 Euro. My question is:
Which internet-provider should she choose? I cannot find anyone on the
web, I had a look at French Telecom but I didn't understand this page,
they don't have an English version. We would only mail, so a Dial-Up-
Access is enough.
I do hope the 100eur laptop runs Win XP...;-)

She may choose France Telecom, exemple:
dialup, 25h/month = 10eur/m is more than enough for just email...

http://www.agence.francetelecom.com/mx/?tp=php&donnee_appel=FTASN&IDCibl
e=1&type=1&code_rubrique=5-301619&id%391176243213

chris
Le #1291446
Dear friends,

thank you very much for your postings. They are very useful for me :-)

Greetz from Austria,
Chris
Gerd
Le #1291443
"chris"
Dear friends,

thank you very much for your postings. They are very useful for me :-)

Greetz from Austria,
Chris

Mais y a pas de quoi mon brâve monsieur!

John Aderseen
Le #1291439
hey Chris - let us know if you need any further help with this...

Rgds,
John

"chris" news: