Morefunc - INDIRECT.EXT (English)

Le
Minitman
Please excuse the use of English in a French NG.

This concerns a French addin called Morefunc and I was hoping to reach
someone who knows of this addin and who can communicate in English how
to get it to work.

I am using the INDIRECT.EXT function to get data from a closed
workbook.

Here is my formula:

=SUM(OFFSET(INDIRECT.EXT("'\Media400_BSchedules["&TEXT(B12,"yyyy-mm")&".xls]Input'!$A$3"),27*(DAY(B12)-1)+2-2*ROW($A$1),6,27,1))

B12 is the date reference that determines which file is being
searched. All of the files are named with the format of "YYYY-MM.xls"
(eg. Feb. 2008 is 2008-02.xls)

This returns a #VALUE! Error. It works Fine if the requested file is
open.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to how to make this work on
closed files?

-Minitman
Minitman
Le #5227111
Hey Frederic,

Thanks for the reply.

I did not type in that path, I copied it from the address window and
pasted it into the formula. Media is the name of the computer on my
network and 400_B is the name of the hard drive on Media. Schedules
is the name of the directory that the files are in.

In your example Z: is the assigned drive letter and Media is the
directory, 400_B is the sub directory and Schedules is the
subdirectory under 400_B. The double back slashes indicate a network
computer not a local drive.

Thank you for pointing that possibility out. That is a possible
problem I had not considered. So I went back and checked it out.

In this case it wasn't the problem, but could have easily been.

Thank you for taking the time to offer your help, it is appreciated.
As are any other thoughts or insights you, or anyone else, might be
willing to share.

-Minitman

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 23:43:55 +0100, Frédéric Sigonneau
wrote:

Did you try with something like

Z:Media400_BSchedules

instead of

\Media400_BSchedules

for your network path ?

FS
---
Frédéric Sigonneau
http://frederic.sigonneau.free.fr

[...]

Le #5226391
[...]

Misange
Le #5226241

This concerns a French addin called Morefunc and I was hoping to reach
someone who knows of this addin and who can communicate in English how
to get it to work.

You can ask (in french or in english) specific questions about this
xll on Laurent Longre's Web site

http://xcell05.free.fr/forums/viewforum.php?id=1

--
Misange migrateuse
XlWiki : Participez à un travail collaboratif sur excel !