Most common 802.11b/g chipset?

Murray R. Van Luyn.
Bonjour,

My appologies for understanding only English.

What are the most common 802.11b or 802.11b/g chipsets used in PCI or
MiniPCI Wifi cards?

I want to engineer a project for free release that will work for owners of
the widest selection of surplus Wifi cards.

Merci par avance.

Regards,
Murray R. Van Luyn
(Murray R. de Luynes)

Jo Kerr
Murray R. Van Luyn. avait écrit le 27/02/2010 :
Bonjour,

My appologies for understanding only English.

In that case you should look for an english newsgroup, not a french
one.

--
In gold we trust (c)
Murray R. Van Luyn.
"Jo Kerr" wrote in message
Murray R. Van Luyn. avait écrit le 27/02/2010 :
Bonjour,

My appologies for understanding only English.

In that case you should look for an english newsgroup, not a french one.

I did! There aren't any Wifi ones in English. The only good Wifi discussions
I could find are here.

Gee, the Germans are so welcoming of non-foreign language posters in their
newsgroups. I have always enjoyed rewarding contacts with their highly
educated, bi-lingual, English speaking intellectuals..

In gold we trust (c)

My faith is better. I have expectations of valuable correspondence with
equally amiable French speaking persons, as I believe that they are well
represented also. I would so appreciate either English or French language
popularity. I would welcome responses via this thread, or alternatively via
my (munged) email return address:

Murray R. Van Luyn.
Jo Kerr
Murray R. Van Luyn. vient de nous annoncer :
"Jo Kerr" wrote in message
Murray R. Van Luyn. avait écrit le 27/02/2010 :
Bonjour,

My appologies for understanding only English.

In that case you should look for an english newsgroup, not a french one.

I did! There aren't any Wifi ones in English. The only good Wifi discussions
I could find are here.

Searched for wireless instead of Wifi ?
And how can you say here are good discussions if you understand only
english ?

--
In gold we trust (c)
Murray R. Van Luyn.
"Jo Kerr" wrote in message
Murray R. Van Luyn. vient de nous annoncer :
"Jo Kerr" wrote in message
Murray R. Van Luyn. avait écrit le 27/02/2010 :
Bonjour,

My appologies for understanding only English.

In that case you should look for an english newsgroup, not a french one.

I did! There aren't any Wifi ones in English. The only good Wifi
discussions I could find are here.

Searched for wireless instead of Wifi ?
And how can you say here are good discussions if you understand only
english ?

--
In gold we trust (c)

I don't think there is anything I could say or do to help you experience the
World's true beauty, Jo. Morbid, sociopathic and judgemental perspectives
are well beyond my domain of influence.

In which case, I shall respectfully withdraw from our fruitless and
un-topical policing action, by wishing you a good day, sir.
G.T
Hi,

What are the most common 802.11b or 802.11b/g chipsets used in PCI or
MiniPCI Wifi cards?

From experience, I've seen many Broadcom chips used in both MiniPCI and
PCMCIA (PCCard) devices. So I can state they are common, but can't help you
any further.

HTH,
--
G.T
Antoine6
G.T a écrit :
Hi,

What are the most common 802.11b or 802.11b/g chipsets used in PCI or
MiniPCI Wifi cards?

From experience, I've seen many Broadcom chips used in both MiniPCI and
PCMCIA (PCCard) devices. So I can state they are common, but can't help you
any further.

HTH,

Take also a look at Ralink and Atmel chipsets
GuiGui
Murray R. Van Luyn. a écrit :
Bonjour,

My appologies for understanding only English.

What are the most common 802.11b or 802.11b/g chipsets used in PCI or
MiniPCI Wifi cards?

I want to engineer a project for free release that will work for owners of
the widest selection of surplus Wifi cards.

Merci par avance.

Regards,
Murray R. Van Luyn
(Murray R. de Luynes)

I would say the most common are Intel chipsets (for "centrino" sticker
on laptops), Broadcom and atheros.
thy62
On 27.02.2010 07:56, Murray R. Van Luyn. wrote:
Bonjour,

My appologies for understanding only English.

What are the most common 802.11b or 802.11b/g chipsets used in PCI or
MiniPCI Wifi cards?

I want to engineer a project for free release that will work for owners of
the widest selection of surplus Wifi cards.

Merci par avance.

Regards,
Murray R. Van Luyn
(Murray R. de Luynes)

J'ai des Netgears, chipset Atheros, très appréciées des utilisateurs
d'OS *NIX. En PCI, PC-Card, et USB.
T'chô, comme on dit en french