Printer Spooler

Daniel Marinov
Hello,
A month ago at one of our networks all the printer spoolers went
down. We tried so many ways to fix them. Reinstalling the SP4 at the Windows
2000 machines, repairing the spooler files from the Windows XP CD at the
Windows XP machines, but no effect. Can someone help me with that?

Daniel

Gandalf Gladstone
"Daniel Marinov" schreef in bericht
Hello,
A month ago at one of our networks all the printer spoolers went
down. We tried so many ways to fix them. Reinstalling the SP4 at the
Windows 2000 machines, repairing the spooler files from the Windows XP CD
at the Windows XP machines, but no effect. Can someone help me with that?

Daniel

Go to Start ->Run ->typ: services.msc ->click Ok.

Locate the Printer Spooler service at the rightside of the screen
Right click on the name and select property in the shown menu
Try to re-configure the print spooler service -> set it to: Automatic ->
restart the service even though
it"shows "Started" _> restart also all it's dependent services->at the end
press
Apply ->Ok
Close the window ->shutdown and restart the computer -> probe the
printer.

Gandalf Gladstone
"Daniel Marinov" schreef in bericht
Hello,
A month ago at one of our networks all the printer spoolers went
down. We tried so many ways to fix them. Reinstalling the SP4 at the
Windows 2000 machines, repairing the spooler files from the Windows XP CD
at the Windows XP machines, but no effect. Can someone help me with that?

Daniel
http://labmice.techtarget.com/windowsxp/printing.htm

Dotti
"Daniel Marinov" wrote:

Hello,
A month ago at one of our networks all the printer spoolers went
down. We tried so many ways to fix them. Reinstalling the SP4 at the Windows
2000 machines, repairing the spooler files from the Windows XP CD at the
Windows XP machines, but no effect. Can someone help me with that?

Daniel

I had a similar problem, Printer Spooler. None of the services, e.g., Epson, Microsoft, or Gateway, could help me. I went around n around in circles. I finally went to:
-Start

-Run
-msconfig
-Services Tab
I went thru the whole list and came across LexBce Server, which was
unchecked (I had unchecked it when i was doing a cleaning because i thought
it was reference to my old Lexmark printer). So, i rechecked it and to my
surprise, the printer was connected. Perhaps that is what happened to ur
printers. Have soneone check the list to c if perhaps another printer
component had been unchecked..Good Luck

Jozko Pucik
Hi Daniel,

Try to use Spooler Cleaner (Cleanspl.exe) which is included in Windows
Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd.
Before you use it, uninstall all printers and printer related
applications/SW. Cleanspl works on Win XP and also could work on Win2k
machines.

Good luck...

Jozko Fucik
MSSupport