RAW challenge v2.0: the clone (tool) war!

Pep
RAW challenge v2.0: the clone (tool) war!

Her we are again with a new RAW file to put on test your Photoshop knowledge
and photographic creativity.

Download the RAW file, edit it, burne it, dodge it, desaturate it, boil it,
add some Parmesano cheese, and finally show us all that amazing product of
your unique skills.

Need more details? You can get all the information in this link:

http://www.foto-ceif.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

just scroll down to read the English translation.

Come on! We just can't wait to see your master works!

KatWoman
I saved the file, it has a CR2 ending. I cannot open it in PS. It keeps
telling me that is not a valid format. I see a WIA option but it tells me no
device is connected, tried OPEN AS, and IMPORT, also no good.
Do I have to change the CR2 to some other format before PS can see it? I
thought CS has RAW built in????
I see it in the list of plug ins.
(So far I have only used jpgs from the dig camera and never installed the
Canon software)

help file says...."the camera raw image files are opened directly in
Photoshop so you can edit them immediately"
does that only work direct from the camera? I use a card reader, how would I
do that?
Sorry for my ignorance on this..why I haven't tried the RAW yet.

http://www.foto-ceif.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t9&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight >
just scroll down to read the English translation.

Come on! We just can't wait to see your master works!

Daniela Duerbeck
KatWoman wrote:

I saved the file, it has a CR2 ending. I cannot open it in PS. It keeps
telling me that is not a valid format. I see a WIA option but it tells me no

The file is shot by a 20D. These cr2s are also readable by Camera Raw
2.4. Are you sure that the plugin is in the correct folder? If you do
not have newer plugins, download them directly from Adobe. 2.4 works
with CS, 3.1 with CS2. HTH.

Viele Grüße von Dani

KatWoman
I realized I needed an update of my version of Camera Raw, thanks, it opens
now.
(had version 2.0 needed 2.4)

"Daniela Duerbeck" wrote in message
KatWoman wrote:

I saved the file, it has a CR2 ending. I cannot open it in PS. It keeps
telling me that is not a valid format. I see a WIA option but it tells me
no

The file is shot by a 20D. These cr2s are also readable by Camera Raw 2.4.
Are you sure that the plugin is in the correct folder? If you do not have
newer plugins, download them directly from Adobe. 2.4 works with CS, 3.1
with CS2. HTH.

Viele Grüße von Dani

Mike Russell
"Pep" wrote in message

Here we are again with a new RAW file to put on test your Photoshop
knowledge and photographic creativity.
http://www.foto-ceif.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t9&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight >
just scroll down to read the English translation.

Come on! We just can't wait to see your master works!

Here's mine:
http://mike.russell-home.net/tmp/IMG_0771.htm
--
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

KatWoman
lot of saturation there, very vivid, nice results.
I often have to "correct" and print other peoples photos, PS makes so much
alteration possible, my mate says I am making them "look too good" as some
of the originals are very weak. I often wonder just how far to go in the
fixing.
In the example given you have made a cloudy overcast day look sunny, the
result is nice but it may or may not be what the photog intended, it is
certainly not representational of the 'truth.
How many of you insist on doing your own file fiddling? do you rely on
other's to make what they want from it?

"Mike Russell" wrote in message
"Pep" wrote in message

Here we are again with a new RAW file to put on test your Photoshop
knowledge and photographic creativity.
http://www.foto-ceif.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t9&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight >>
just scroll down to read the English translation.

Come on! We just can't wait to see your master works!

Here's mine:
http://mike.russell-home.net/tmp/IMG_0771.htm
--
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

Hecate
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:10:29 -0400, "KatWoman"
wrote:

How many of you insist on doing your own file fiddling? do you rely on
other's to make what they want from it?

No way. I take all my own images, and I do all my own changes in PS

myself. No one but me knows what I intended so I see no point in
farming out the files to anyone else.

--

Hecate - The Real One

Mike Russell
"KatWoman" wrote in message
lot of saturation there, very vivid, nice results.
I often have to "correct" and print other peoples photos, PS makes so much
alteration possible, my mate says I am making them "look too good" as
some of the originals are very weak. I often wonder just how far to go in
the fixing.

I'm on your side. My feeling is it's always good to create visual interest.
After all, that's why, hopefully, people look at our pictures so much.

Usually visual interest translates to contrast and color. This needs to be
done strategically, without alerting the viewer that anything is amiss.

In the example given you have made a cloudy overcast day look sunny, the
result is nice but it may or may not be what the photog intended, it is
certainly not representational of the 'truth'.

This is a question I get a lot in the curvemeister class.

The particular scene in queston, was taken on a very brilliantly lit day
(see the horizontal line of shadow along the bottom left of the arroyo), in
a desert in the spring.

I think the result I came up with recreates that feeling spring in the
desert, fresh green plants, weathered rock and soil, and color everywhere.

So yes, I think I stayed true to what the photographer wanted, although my
result is probably different from his. This is what makes curving so fun
and interesting.

http://mike.russell-home.net/tmp/IMG_0771.htm
--

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

fotoralf
Hecate wrote:

No way.

Would international contributors please stop this crossposting orgy into
a whole selection of non-English-speaking newsgroups as they're spilling
all kinds of of trolls and troublemakers into our peaceful backwaters.

Thank you.

Ralf

f'up set

--
Ralf R. Radermacher - DL9KCG - Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de