re: Can't connect From local Network

Hervé DUCARNE
De: "Herv=C3=A9 DUCARNE" <h.ducarne@lepont.asso.invalid.fr>
Objet: Re: Can't connect From Local Network but can from VPN ?
Date: mardi 11 d=C3=A9cembre 2007 16:38

Hello,

Look at this key in the registry :

=20
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing\Store\
=20
Delete the TS's key TS, probably LICENSE001.

=20
=20

"Thomas Malia" <tommalia@worldnet.att.net> a =C3=A9crit dans le message =
de news: %23qrCuJAPIHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Please help,
>=20
> On one of my Windows 2003 Servers I'm running terminal servicer. For =
years=20
> I've had no trouble accessing this server. Recently though, whenever =
I try=20
> to access the server from my local area network I get:
>=20
> ---------------------------
> Remote Desktop Disconnected
> ---------------------------
> The remote computer disconnected the session because of an error in =
the=20
> licensing protocol.
> Please try connecting to the remote computer again or contact your =
server=20
> administrator.
> ---------------------------
> OK Help
> ---------------------------
>=20
> The wierd thing though is, we have two remote locations that are =
connecting=20
> to my local network via a hardware VPN. Anyone from the remote =
offices can=20
> conect just fine to the Terminal server. I know I've changed =
something=20
> somewhere but I don't know where to start looking!?!?
>=20
> Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
>=20
> Thanks in advance,
> Tom Malia
>=20

Thomas Malia
Thank you for the recommendation.

I found the Registry entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftMSLicensingStore

There was only one key and it was : LICENSE000

That key has values for:
ClientLicense
CompanyName
LicenseScope
ProductID

All the data fields are binary and appear to possibly be incrypted.

There's nothing about them that suggest to me that they are related to
Terminal Server. I'm more than a little leary about deleting any of this
infomration since it kind of looks more like the licensing information for
the OS itself?

Regards,
Tom Malia

De: "Hervé DUCARNE"
Date: mardi 11 décembre 2007 16:38

Hello,

[...]

If you are worried about deleting, right click on "Store" and export
the key. This will make a backup, then delete it. It issue is with
conflicting TS licenses. Removing the License00 should resolve the
problem.