Read an USB Drive on Palm

emmanuel.jammes
Hello,
I have a xs'drive : it's an usb drive with card readers (compact
flash, mmc, sd, ...) which allows to dump digital pictures (stored on
a digital camera card) on the internal hard drive.
I would like to connect this usb drive to my palm tungsten E in order
to read the pictures on my palm (for instance, during holidays).
Do you think it's possible ?
Thanks.
Emmanuel

Jérôme
Hi,
I suppose your camera doesn't use SD cards. I've got the same kind of
problem with my camera which uses Compact Flash, and the palm which uses
SD card.
Even if you find the appropriate USB cable to plug it on your palm, I
doubt you can find a driver to access the different cards on the reader.
Did you tried to have a look at the existing comments on the subject in
the newsgroup archives ? I remeber a post about this issues, a few weeks
ago.

Jérôme

nb : this is a french newsgroup, you may not find english posts

Emmanuel Jammes a écrit :
Hello,
I have a xs'drive : it's an usb drive with card readers (compact
flash, mmc, sd, ...) which allows to dump digital pictures (stored on
a digital camera card) on the internal hard drive.
I would like to connect this usb drive to my palm tungsten E in order
to read the pictures on my palm (for instance, during holidays).
Do you think it's possible ?
Thanks.
Emmanuel

Dmike92

"Jérôme" a écrit dans le message de
Hi,
I suppose your camera doesn't use SD cards. I've got the same kind of
problem with my camera which uses Compact Flash, and the palm which uses
SD card.
Even if you find the appropriate USB cable to plug it on your palm, I
doubt you can find a driver to access the different cards on the reader.
Did you tried to have a look at the existing comments on the subject in
the newsgroup archives ? I remeber a post about this issues, a few weeks
ago.

Jérôme

nb : this is a french newsgroup, you may not find english posts

Morover, I think the USB on the palm is not master. It is like you tried to
connect a USB hard drive to a USB scanner ...
But a driver could appear one day.