REMOTING PROBLEM

B#
Hi,

I'm building an application (VS 2005 express C# ) which use remoting's
feature between a serveur and x customers.
First : i cannot work with my own objects for remote. this objects are
marked as [serializable] and derived from marshallbyrefobjects interface. But
they cause proxy's failures like "This remoting proxy has no channel sink
which means either the server has no registered server channels that are
listening, or this application has no suitable client channel to talk to the
server." If i use some basics types like "string" or "byte[]" , it works
properly.
how can i do to work with my objects ?

Second : How can i do to have an objetct wich is customer of an server
application on a wellknown channel, (for example on tcpchannel( 6060) and
which provides services for other customer on an other port, on an other
wellknown channel(for example tcpchannel(5050) ?

great thanks for your answers,

b#

Jérémy Jeanson
Hi B#,

Do you tryed to use WCF. It's a nice feature you can use with Visual
Studio Express 2005 whitout problems. WCF depend of .net 3.0 and if you
are able to install this framework on your pc it will be a great
benefict tool.

You'll be able to use your objects, and could they be mapped on all
channels do you need.

I hope it will help you.
--
Jérémy JEANSON
MCP
B#
Hi Jérémy,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I tried working with WCF as you advise me, and it's a really wonderful
"wrap" for communication, at least on paper.
Because i cannot work with...
I found on Web explanations and examples about its implementation. But the
process don't recognises the app.config i join to the server or client
projects. So i wrote in code the endpoint's spécifications,and it's Ok for
the server. (No error message).
The client projects don't works properly and i have an error message that
the process don't find some endpoints with the spécified channel.
Why my program, which works correctly in remoting (but i cannot open several
channel), don't properly works in WCF when both have the same architecture
(Interface, extern class and listening for welknown channel )?

Thank for help if you've an idea because i try since a week without results..

B#