RoyalSearch.net won't let google hompage through

mkennewick
Problem:
When I typed in www.google.com | www.yahoo.com | www.msn.com | and
some others I was automatically directed to RoyalSearch.net.

Solution:
Delete registry entries for Internet Exploer
(search google groups for Default_Search_URL) it will have what they
should be. There are several places in Local Machine and Current User
that the address poped up.

secondly, do a search on *host* in the windows directory, open with
notepad the files named host and delete all the entries in them.

Royalsearch.net Ip is 66.98.142.163 so where ever you see it you can
delete it

I will try to put up more details when I find time

Good Luck!

halleyfaust
(kwick) wrote in message news:...
Problem:
When I typed in www.google.com | www.yahoo.com | www.msn.com | and
some others I was automatically directed to RoyalSearch.net.

Solution:
Delete registry entries for Internet Exploer
(search google groups for Default_Search_URL) it will have what they
should be. There are several places in Local Machine and Current User
that the address poped up.

secondly, do a search on *host* in the windows directory, open with
notepad the files named host and delete all the entries in them.

Royalsearch.net Ip is 66.98.142.163 so where ever you see it you can
delete it

I will try to put up more details when I find time

Good Luck!

I'm having the same problem for the first time today. I don't know
how RoyalSearch.net hijacked my "Home" site, even though the tools -
internet options - home page address still reads
http://www.google.com. I'd think that Google would be concerned about
others hijacking their sites and would put a quick fix up for this.

I tried searching the registry and didn't come up with either the IP
address or anything with *host* in it. Also, could you be more
specific about how to "delete registry entries for Internet Explorer"?
I'm not sure how to do that (I've been told to be cautious in fooling
around with the registry.) Thank you.