Tentative d'installation VMWare 5.5.1-19175 (vers. 30 j) -- Error

newon
I tried to install a 30 day trial version of VMWare Workstation
(VMware-workstation-5.5.1-19175) from the VMWare official website, in vain !
During the Installation preparation step an "Error 1325" message appeared
with the following text "DocTS_volume_C_30aout is not a valid short file
name."
"DocTS_volume_C_30aout" is actually a FOLDER NAME; the folder is stored on a
external hard disk drive which is connected with the computer from time to
time (used for sharing data between 2 computers without no local network
connection).
I don't remember if this external HDD was connected and on when I tried to
install VMware-workstation-5.5.1-19175 for the first time.

Searching for a resolution of this problem with Google, I discovered it
could be linked with ...

1/ Office XP - BUT it is not installed (and has never been installed
actually !) on the computer (which uses Windows 2000 pro operating system,
therefore I work with Office 2000), AND NO Office XP FILE does exist ON ANY
OF THE HARD DISKS ( external or internal ).

or 2/ the registry key
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem" :
value 1 for short file name ,
value 0 for long file name -
BUT checking the value in the registry editor I saw the active value = 0.
Could it be a difference between what I see and the actually Windows
(Installer version 3.1) functionning ?

Is there another origin for this "Error 1325" message in connection with the
setup of VMware-workstation-5.5.1-19175 ?
And does any solution exist ?

Thank you for reading this problem description and proposing an (efficient)
answer.

Regards.

--
nwn