The poor attitude of Kaspersky Lab after sale support

Thierry
This mail is addressed to all potential users of kaspersky (KAV) products.
It is my bad experience with after sale dept.
The history. I subscribed to KAV products for some years now, at least since
early 2005.
Recently, I crashed my PC and therefore I was unable to retreive my
activation key when I reinstalled KAV 7 on my new PC running Windows Vista.
Like with other software i had to reinstall, I asked KAV online sales dept
(I bough my product via the Internet, pailment via Element 5) to send me
back my activation or regisrration key.
Note that all other companies resent me my registration key without the last
problem, they trust in me, because they knew in searching in their database
that I subscribed to their product.

So i was able to reactive all my software... excepted KAV 7. Why ?

Because the nail I send the the onlinesale dept was forwarded to europe,
where I live, instead of staying in the US, where I downloaded and paid the
product, but nobody is interesting in answering me.

[b]They accepted to receive my paiment - licence paid at full charge -but
don't give you the least support.
Do I have to accept such attitude ?
I paid to receive a product and support. It should be for the least
commercial, to answer to the customer enquiries and get them satisfaction.
it is not the case. [/b]
They even don't trust in me when I tell them that I bough a KAV licence
because it seems that KAV doesn't even has a record of its customer, recent
or longtimer....
What a pity.

there is one week now that my message is know at KAV lab... Do you think
that they are interesting in resending me activation key, still valid for
1.5 years. I dont' think so.

Consequence, until know I did free publicity for their products on my web,
book and blog but from now, if KAV refuse to support his customer, I think
that my opinion will change and that i will see its concurrent products.

tom
"Thierry" <-> wrote in message news:
This mail is addressed to all potential users of kaspersky (KAV) products.
It is my bad experience with after sale dept.
The history. I subscribed to KAV products for some years now, at least
since

early 2005.
Recently, I crashed my PC and therefore I was unable to retreive my
activation key when I reinstalled KAV 7 on my new PC running Windows
Vista.

Like with other software i had to reinstall, I asked KAV online sales dept
(I bough my product via the Internet, pailment via Element 5) to send me
back my activation or regisrration key.

If you have your original activation code, cutomer ID and password you can
follow instructions at the site below to get an activation key file that
will activate the trial version you can download.

http://usa.kaspersky.com/support/home-support.php?selected_faq_id 8279383&
selected_product_id 7800282&selected_topic_id
http://tinyurl.com/2c2frh

Thierry
NB. KAV US lab forwarded my request to they NL dept because they though that
I bough their product in europe.
But the NL lab knowing that I bough the product via the web, in the US, has
simply close my request, without condition and without give a feedback to
the US lab !! It is inacceptable.

Worse, I sent an email via the private forum (mailbox) about this attitude,
i get no answer.
I resend the NL message to US, no more answer.
In all cases it seems that since 24 hours KAV didn't no more answer to my
email for a obscure reason although I only request that they resend me my
activation key....

I post this email to remember to all KAV users or potential ones that there
is support and... the so-called support provided by KAV.

I work with KAV since version 4 or so, and at this sole title, I expected no
only that they resend me my activation key because they trusted in me, but
that they simply give support to their customers.
Do they know that word "support" ? they know the fee, the money, what else
?!

They are far from their objectives, excepted if the money comes first !

"Thierry" <-> a écrit dans le message de news:
[...]

Thierry
"tom" a écrit dans le message de

[...]

I am agree but I haven't them, as the Pc crashed and I didn't save that
info, hence the problem.

But all other companies to which I asked to resend me my licence trusted in
me without the least question and resend my activation key or the equivalent
by return of the email...
Only Kasperky, and it is not the first time, refuses to trust in his
customer and any dialog.
They even don't want to understand the problem.
I am in their database for years and member of the gold beta tester.
Can't they check in their database to my name and S/N ? Even not !

NB. If I supported my international customers like them, my company should
be down for years !

http://usa.kaspersky.com/support/home-support.php?selected_faq_id 8279383&
selected_product_id 7800282&selected_topic_id >
http://tinyurl.com/2c2frh

Wilf
Thierry wrote, on 27/05/2008 5:26 pm:
This mail is addressed to all potential users of kaspersky (KAV) products.
It is my bad experience with after sale dept.

Thierry, I'm sorry to hear you've had such poor support from Kaspersky
Lab. My own experience of them has generally been very good (I do not
work for them, by the way).

If you go on to the Kaspersky Forum at
http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=4
the very helpful folk there (I have found them to be so) will certainly
be able to help you sort this out. The forum has experienced users of
Kaspersky products and also some Kaspersky employees and I always get an
answer to my problems within a few minutes.

Give it a try - you will need to subscribe to the forum in order to post
there, though.
--
Wilf

Thierry
Hi,

I have been beta gold tester since 2005 and was just already in contact with
Igor, their top manager.
I cannot got further.
If he refuses to satisfy me, I will conclude that the policy of the house is
worsening... a very sad conclusion and sad way to support their (longtime)
customers.

Good to know :-((((

Any better antivirus on the place, Symantec for Windows Vista maybe ?

"Wilf" a écrit dans le message de
[...]

DePassage
Thierry wrote:
This mail is addressed to all potential users of kaspersky (KAV) products.
It is my bad experience with after sale dept.
The history. I subscribed to KAV products for some years now, at least
since early 2005.

Forum en Français merci.

Tu postes partout mais tu as oublié de faire une page web de ton
histoire, ou de la faire éditer en différentes langues.

Wilf
Thierry wrote, on 27/05/2008 6:09 pm:
Hi,

I have been beta gold tester since 2005 and was just already in contact with
Igor, their top manager.
I cannot got further.
If he refuses to satisfy me, I will conclude that the policy of the house is
worsening... a very sad conclusion and sad way to support their (longtime)
customers.

Good to know :-((((

Any better antivirus on the place, Symantec for Windows Vista maybe ?

That is sad, especially if Igor could not help you. I can only suggest

you try out NOD32 which is supposed to be the other top AV solution.

--
Wilf