Using lookup with wildcard

littlefalco
Hello,

I am new to excel, and wish to know how I can use Excel lookup with
wildcard? I have a number of devices that people call by different
names but there is a word that is common to all - "domain"

For example :

AD domain controller
domain controller
WINS domain controller
etc

I want to reclassify this as simply domain controller in a list of
data.

Please can some one help?

Francois L
Hello,

I am new to excel, and wish to know how I can use Excel lookup with
wildcard? I have a number of devices that people call by different
names but there is a word that is common to all - "domain"

For example :

AD domain controller
domain controller
WINS domain controller
etc

I want to reclassify this as simply domain controller in a list of
data.

Please can some one help?

Hi,

You're on microsoft.public.fr.excel where "fr" stands for french. You
will certainly get answers on an english speaking group.

--
François L