wi-fi in France (in English)

Le
zalek
While I was visiting France I tried to use my Ipaq 211 to access the
internet - but without success. I saw many unsecured networks called
LIVEBOX. I was told that this is a free wi-fi internet connection
supplied by the hotel - but I couldn't connect. I friend had the same
problem with I-phone device.
Can same one explain me if it is possible to access LIVEBOX using
PocketPC?

Thanks,

Zalek
Christophe Cordonnier
Le #6714691
Hi,

It is impossible to connect to LIVEBOX Network. LIVEBOX Networks are
personnal WIFI Network from the Orange ISP.

In France you could find easyly free acces on all Mac Donalds Restaurants.

Best Regards

Le 27/05/08 09:24, dans
, « zalek »

While I was visiting France I tried to use my Ipaq 211 to access the
internet - but without success. I saw many unsecured networks called
LIVEBOX. I was told that this is a free wi-fi internet connection
supplied by the hotel - but I couldn't connect. I friend had the same
problem with I-phone device.
Can same one explain me if it is possible to access LIVEBOX using
PocketPC?

Thanks,

Zalek

Alf92
Le #6778351
Dans
Hi,

It is impossible to connect to LIVEBOX Network. LIVEBOX Networks are
personnal WIFI Network from the Orange ISP.

In France you could find easyly free acces on all Mac Donalds
Restaurants.

Best Regards

Le 27/05/08 09:24, dans
, «

While I was visiting France I tried to use my Ipaq 211 to access the
internet - but without success. I saw many unsecured networks called
LIVEBOX. I was told that this is a free wi-fi internet connection
supplied by the hotel - but I couldn't connect. I friend had the same
problem with I-phone device.
Can same one explain me if it is possible to access LIVEBOX using
PocketPC?

The secure mode on the unsecured Livebox Wifi modem is a MAC adress
control
So it is normal that you can't connect your PDA.
In France you can find many hot spot FON.
The condition to connect is to be yourself a Fonero.
For further details, see the FON web site.

--
Alf92
En avoir une plus GROSSE : http://cjoint.com/?gcxgkW7QAh

Mehdi \Icarius\ Bedadi
Le #7004701
Like Alf92 said, hot spot FON is a good alternative.
And also there is free hot spot in Macdonalds.

Best Regards

"zalek" news: