Press Release Trial of advanced technologies in Pyeongchang, Jeongsun and Gangneung to enable first responders to communicate using video, data and voice Nokia public safety LTE network interworking in a multi-vendor environment to support public ...
- Trial of advanced technologies in Pyeongchang, Jeongsun and Gangneung to enable first responders to communicate using video, data and voice
- Nokia public safety LTE network interworking in a multi-vendor environment to support public safety needs and ensure network availability at all times
- Nokia's ViTrust public safety LTE radio access and Cloud Packet Core solutions with local third-party user equipment and enhanced Multimedia Broadcast Multicast technology
11 April 2018
Espoo, Finland - Nokia and SK Telecom (SKT) are conducting a major trial of LTE public safety technologies in South Korea to establish the application of first responders in sharing mission-critical voice, video and other data simultaneously in real-time with multiple members of first response teams.
Nokia has deployed its ViTrust public safety solution - which includes LTE radio access, Cloud Packet Core and other commercially available technologies in the network trial in the Pyeongchang, Jeongsun and Gangneung areas of South Korea. The trial is being conducted with first responder teams to enhance communications and response time in emergency situations.
Working with local vendors to deliver services for the trial, Nokia is deploying its Mission-Critical push-to-talk (MCPTT) technology to allow a single user to simultaneously connect with multiple first response personnel on a network. Using enhanced Multimedia Broadcast Multicast technology, HD-video and other data can be transmitted efficiently to all devices even in high-traffic situations, to give all first responders a clear and complete view of an emergency and its needs.
The trial involves one of the world's first public safety networks to interwork with SKT's existing evolved packet core system. This interworking will ensure network reliability, coverage and availability ensuring public safety workers can communicate at all times.
Sang-soo Shim, Senior Vice President of Infra Business at SK Telecom, said: "We are pleased to be leading the way with this important Public Safety LTE trial. Working with Nokia we have been able to ensure fast deployment of technologies and enable the delivery of services that will transform the way public safety workers operate."
Andrew Cope, head of Korea at Nokia, said: "This trial with SKT is a breakthrough for Nokia in the South Korean market. Using our innovative ViTrust public safety LTE solutions and field proven Nokia Cloud Packet Core solution we could rapidly deploy the network, to interwork with SKT's existing network and evolved packet core."
About the technology
- Nokia LTE public safety eNodeBs
- Nokia Cloud Packet Core solution delivering the Cloud Mobile Gateway (CMG) to support the System Architecture Gateway (SAE GW) and the Cloud Mobility Manager to support Mobility Management Element (MME) network functions.
- Nokia network interworking with local third-party equipment - Cybertelbridge user equipment and Ungel Multimedia Broadcast/Multicast-Gateway technology
- Web Page: Nokia Vitrust Public Safety solution
- Web Page: Nokia Cloud Packet Core
- Web Page: It's time for change
- Video: It's time for change
Connect with Nokia
- Subscribe to receive information on specific areas of interest
We create the technology to connect the world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
We adhere to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. Nokia is enabling the infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things to transform the human experience. nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: NOKIA via Globenewswire
Source(s) : NOKIA
Nokia and Telia conduct Industry 4.0 trial in Finland leveraging low-latency and high-bandwidth of 5G technologyPress Release First 'real-world' industrial applications of 5G for manufacturing trialed at the Nokia Conscious Factory in Oulu, Finland Trial leverages ultra-low latency and high-bandwidth capabilities of 5G with machine-learning to ...
Press Release Nokia provides a 5G radio network for trial; only solution today to support the 39 GHz band 22 February 2017 DALLAS - Nokia and AT&T are collaborating to further advance 5G technology in the 39 GHz band by recently ...