Press Release Alliance brings together operators, Government bodies and first response agencies - including Mobile Radio Center and Vodafone Hutchison Australia to inform policy makers in the use of 4G-based public safety technology Body aims to ...
- Alliance brings together operators, Government bodies and first response agencies - including Mobile Radio Center and Vodafone Hutchison Australia to inform policy makers in the use of 4G-based public safety technology
- Body aims to lead critical public safety communications ecosystem and standardization
14 September 2016
Espoo, Finland - Nokia has announced the formation of the Mission Critical Communications Alliance, a global collaboration of mobile operators, national and local-level public authorities and first response agencies to formalize standards in the use of LTE for public safety, while enabling new ideas and partnerships to bolster momentum in application of the technology in this area.
The Alliance will bring various stakeholders to a single platform with which to inform and guide policy makers on the benefits of LTE-based public safety solutions for the provision of high-quality and robust critical communications services. More than 10 leading service providers and agencies such as Mobile Radio Center from Japan and Vodafone Hutchison Australia are participating in the Alliance programme.
4G LTE provides public safety services including first responders with mission-critical features such as real-time high-definition video streaming, remote data access and location-based services. Several countries are already upgrading their public safety systems to leverage LTE technology, Nokia and Korea's SK Telecom have recently demonstrated the capabilities of Ultra Compact Network, a portable small cell based LTE network that can provide 4G connectivity for public safety and other mission- and business-critical services in remote locations.
Ashish Chowdhary, Chief Customer Operations Officer at Nokia, said: "Having worked with the various Governments in the public safety field for over 60 years, we are happy to facilitate a broad group of stakeholders in the global public safety community to drive the adoption of LTE in critical communications. The Mission Critical Communications Alliance will work towards realizing the unique benefits of LTE in public safety, enabling national, regional and local authorities to provide a higher level of safety and security for their citizens, while creating innovative new business models for service providers. We look forward to welcoming other members to the Alliance who are committed to using 4G technology to enhance the effectiveness of mission-critical services."
Details at a glance:
- Nokia's Ultra Compact Network can be deployed for providing connectivity for mission-critical services. The solution is based on Nokia's Flexi Zone Small Cells family.
- Nokia's Mobile Edge Computing delivers ultra-responsive experience as latency is reduced.
- A compact, rapidly deployable Compact Network provides complete LTE network coverage for users in minutes.
Did you know?
Nokia is the driving force for 3GPP standardization of LTE and the public safety features. Nokia emerged as a leading vendor for the delivery of technologies `beyond 4G', especially so of 4G-based public safety technology, in a recent study conducted by market intelligence provider Current Analysis.
· Web page: Public safety
· Whitepaper: LTE networks for public safety services
· Whitepaper: LTE Network in a Box for public safety
· Press Release: Nokia and Zain KSA to transform Jeddah into a smart city by 2018
· Blog: SK Telecom and Nokia showcase critical communications innovation in Korea
· Blog: Nokia is making future of public safety in Korea a reality today
· Blog: Nokia and EE - pushing the limits of technology with drones
· Video: Nokia Saving Lives
Connect with Nokia Networks:
- Subscribe to receive our product news alerts
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Nokia Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. //nokia.com
Phone: +358 (0) 10 448 4900
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: NOKIA via Globenewswire
Source(s) : NOKIA
NOKIA and Skyguide modernize the mission-critical network supporting Switzerland's air traffic control systemNokia IP/MPLS technology strengthens the performance of Skyguide's air traffic management and aeronautical information services throughout the country New network to enable Skyguide to expand service offerings and deliver enhanced quality ...
Nokia provides LG CNS with a mission-critical communications network to support railway operations on Malaysia's first mass rapid transit linePress Release Project is key part of the establishment of the new SBK line covering 51 km and serving 1.2 million residents in the Greater Kuala Lumpur/Klang Valley region Backbone network will deliver a range of services including ...