HERE / HERE announces Rudi Lamprecht and Uri Levine as members of new Supervisory Board . Processed and transmitted by NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions. The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement. Eindhoven/Berlin - ...
HERE / HERE announces Rudi Lamprecht and Uri Levine as members of new Supervisory Board . Processed and transmitted by NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions. The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
Eindhoven/Berlin - Following its recent appointment of Edzard Overbeek as CEO, HERE, the location cloud company acquired last December by a consortium of automotive companies, today announced the composition of a newly-established Supervisory Board that brings together representatives of the company's new shareholders and independent, recognized industry leaders.
The Supervisory Board of HERE International B.V. will consist of the following members:
- Rudi Lamprecht, Chairman of EWC East-West-Connect GmbH, Chairman of Duagon AG, Board Member of AO.com, Board Member of Fujitsu Technology Solutions and a former Member of the Board of Siemens AG. Mr. Lamprecht brings to the role his deep experience of the telecommunications and information technology industries.
- Uri Levine, co-founder and former President of Waze, the community based traffic and navigation app. Mr. Levine is an investor and entrepreneur, currently serving as Chairman of Engie, Fairfly and Zeek. He is also founder and Chairman of FeeX, and serves on the Board of Directors of Roomer and Moovit.
- Klaus Fröhlich, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG for Development.
- Prof. Rupert Stadler, Chairman of the Board of Management of AUDI AG.
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Weber, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG, responsible for Group Research & Mercedes-Benz Cars Development.
The governance structure put in place for HERE is designed to secure the company's long-term strategy to become the leading location cloud platform serving multiple industries. The new Supervisory Board will oversee the executive leadership team of HERE, led by CEO Edzard Overbeek. The Chairman for the Supervisory Board is planned to be appointed during the coming weeks.
Rudi Lamprecht said: "HERE has a tremendous opportunity to shape the future of mobility for the better and I am thrilled to be able to offer my support in that effort. In particular, I believe HERE has a key role to play in autonomous driving on a global scale, and the company's strong financial position enables it to accelerate its investment in this opportunity."
Uri Levine said: "The future of cars, driving, maps and navigation will be so much different than today, and HERE cloud-based solutions are going to be a significant part of the new future. I look forward to supporting the work of HERE - it has the talent, desire and location cloud platform capabilities to lead the way in this development."
HERE, the location cloud company, enables rich, real-time location applications and experiences for consumers, vehicles, enterprises and cities. HERE is backed by a consortium of leading automotive companies. To learn more about us, including our work in the areas of connected and automated driving, visit http://360.here.com.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: HERE via Globenewswire
Source(s) : HERE
HERE / HERE Open Location Platform wins top spot in Ovum Location Platform Index . Processed and transmitted by NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions. The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement. Berlin, Germany - Market ...
HERE / HERE appoints Kelley Steven-Waiss as Chief Human Resources Officer . Processed and transmitted by NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions. The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement. Berkeley, CA - HERE, the ...