4G network expansion across 19 provinces to meet growing subscriber demand Agreement will provide faster access to mobile Internet services as well as improve coverage in urban and suburban areas August 12, 2016 Shanghai, China - Nokia and China ...
- 4G network expansion across 19 provinces to meet growing subscriber demand
- Agreement will provide faster access to mobile Internet services as well as improve coverage in urban and suburban areas
August 12, 2016
Shanghai, China - Nokia and China Telecom have signed an agreement to expand the deployment of 4G technology in 19 provinces in China, allowing China Telecom to enhance coverage and capacity as well as the quality of experience for subscribers, while paving the way toward the introduction of 5G technology.
By expanding the radio access network, China Telecom will meet growing subscriber demand with ubiquitous 4G coverage and faster access to the Internet and online content, as well as improve access in urban and suburban areas. The agreement with Nokia will also lay the foundation for China Telecom's intended launch of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) services in 2017.
China Telecom's subscriber and traffic growth has been growing rapidly: at the end of June the operator had nearly 207 million mobile subscribers, with 90 million users of 4G devices, an increase of more than 31 million during the first six months of 2016. Last year the company saw 4G traffic increase by more than six times, and it is predicted to account for more than 90 percent of mobile data traffic on the network by 2017.
About the solution:
- Nokia is deploying its 4G technology in 19 provinces in China: Shanghai, Jiangsu, Shandong, Zhejiang, Hunan, Hubei, Guangxi, Fujian, Jiangxi, Shaanxi, Heilongjiang, Hebei, Henan, Sichuan, Anhui, Liaoning, Guizhou, Xinjiang and Inner Mongolia.
- Rollout includes Nokia's Flexi MultiRadio 10 Base Stations
- Nokia Global Services - including project management, network design and installation - and also Care hardware and software maintenance services will also be provided. Nokia optimization experts will use Nokia NetAct(TM) to maximize the performance of the network for subscribers.
Mike Wang, Head of Nokia Networks China and ASB joint management team, said: "This agreement with China Telecom builds on our long history of collaboration. Our deep-rooted knowledge of the Chinese market will enable China Telecom to meet the demands of an ever-growing and dynamic 4G subscriber base."
Connect with Nokia:
- Subscribe to receive our product news alerts
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Nokia Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. http://nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
Ling Yi, Nokia Shanghai Bell
Phone : +86 21 38436561
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: NOKIA via Globenewswire
Source(s) : NOKIA
NOKIA: Nokia and Europe's first drone-based Smart City traffic management test facility collaborate to ensure safe global aerial operationsPress Release Europe's first test area for UAV-based traffic management opens at Twente Airport in the Netherlands Nokia signs collaboration agreement to support development and testing of its drone traffic management platform at Twente ...
Companies conclude preliminary 5G testing, using T-Mobile's 28GHz spectrum and Nokia's commercial 5G-ready AirScale radio platform Nokia and T-Mobile also collaborate on 5G demonstrations, highlighting LTE-Advanced technologies used for 5G ...