Provides robust network monitoring, configuration management, security and reporting capabilities for smaller mobile, enterprise and public sector networks: radio networks with up to 2,000 network elements, core networks with up to 500,000 ...
- Provides robust network monitoring, configuration management, security and reporting capabilities for smaller mobile, enterprise and public sector networks: radio networks with up to 2,000 network elements, core networks with up to 500,000 subscribers
- Combines core NetAct functionality for larger networks with software-only delivery; optimized for smaller-scale mobile network operational and budget requirements
- Launch shows Nokia's commitment to win new business in fields beyond its traditional telecommunications provider customer base
12 October 2016
Espoo, Finland - Nokia today announced Nokia NetAct Compact, an advanced virtualized mobile network management system that meets the rising demand for smaller radio and core networks coming from a diverse range of industries outside of the telecommunications sector.
Nokia NetAct Compact is built upon the industry-leading Nokia NetAct solution, the first major virtualized network management software for mobile networks. Providing operators with a single, consolidated and comprehensive view of any mobile network, Nokia NetAct delivers best-in-class tools for troubleshooting, administration, software management and configuration management. It also delivers advanced assurance capabilities as part of Nokia's comprehensive, multi-domain Service Assurance program, which provides closed-loop automation to drive greater network agility and optimization.
Delivering the core functionality that Nokia NetAct provides for large networks, NetAct Compact is optimized to meet the operational and budget requirements of smaller operators, as well as organizations in public sector markets. Key target markets for NetAct Compact include: public safety networks (including TETRA customers), enterprise and public sector networks (healthcare, oil and gas, mining, railways, airports and universities), and smaller telecommunications operators.
Peter Patomella, head of Network Management & Self Optimizing Networks at Nokia, said: "There are a number of smaller operators and customers outside of the traditional service provider market that up until now have not had access to a robust network management system. NetAct Compact brings a powerful solution with all the tools needed to help them improve network performance and enhance users' experiences. It also allows them to manage complex networks without compromising network and service quality, and without increasing operational costs."
A single management system based on industry standards, Nokia NetAct Compact is designed for radio networks with up to 2,000 network elements, and core networks with up to 500,000 subscribers. It provides a number of advanced applications for system configuration and for monitoring and maximizing network performance, including the NetAct Configurator, which provides robust configuration management capabilities. NetAct Compact applications include:
- NetAct Configurator - Offers comprehensive functionality for sophisticated configuration management with common processes and data storage in multi-technology radio and core networks
- NetAct Monitor - Provides centralized end-to-end network monitoring on a single screen for all technologies, from element management to operational management
- NetAct Performance Manager - Helps operators improve service quality and optimize network performance through real-time 24x7 performance management and monitoring
Nokia NetAct Compact is available today. For more information, visit the NetAct website.
Connect with Nokia:
- Subscribe to receive our product news alerts
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Nokia Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. www.nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: NOKIA via Globenewswire
Source(s) : NOKIA
Nokia Corporation Stock Exchange Release March 22, 2017 at 10:50 (CET +1) Nokia Announces Final Results for its Offer to Purchase Euro and Dollar Notes Espoo, Finland - Nokia Corporation ("Nokia") announces the final results of its offer ...
Nokia announces changes in its organization and Group Leadership Team to accelerate the execution of company strategyNokia CorporationStock Exchange ReleaseMarch 17, 2017 at 8.30 EET (CET +1) Nokia announces changes in its organization and Group Leadership Team to accelerate the execution of company strategy Espoo, Finland - Nokia today announced changes ...