The commercial Carrier WAN-SDN project helps Jiangsu Telecom make optimal use of urban data centers and WAN resources Nokia's Network Service Platform (NSP) and 7950 Extensible Routing System (XRS) core routers provide flexibility and efficiency ...
- The commercial Carrier WAN-SDN project helps Jiangsu Telecom make optimal use of urban data centers and WAN resources
- Nokia's Network Service Platform (NSP) and 7950 Extensible Routing System (XRS) core routers provide flexibility and efficiency required to support rapidly-changing and ever-increasing data demands
Jiangsu, China - Nokia and Jiangsu Telecom, a regional branch of China Telecom, are deploying China's first commercial Carrier WAN-SDN project in data centers in Yangzhou, Changzhou and other cities in Jiangsu, a neighboring province of Shanghai. The deployment will help Jiangsu Telecom achieve seamless, transparent and flexible management of Internet Data Centers (IDC) in a unified manner.
The popularity of cloud technologies has revealed the limitations of previous IDC router technology, showing that it fails to support a seamless connection with the WAN and meet ever-growing data demand. Older technology also keeps IDC management and maintenance efficiency at a low level, hindering the development of Internet services.
Jiangsu is deploying Nokia's Networks Services Platform (NSP) to program its powerful core network router, the next-generation 7950 XRS (Extensible Routing System). The XRS provides the large capacity along with programmability to build the core that connects the datacenters. The NSP is then able to program the core to optimize the use of the resources by load-balancing the traffic and adjusting to changing traffic demands. As a result, Jiangsu Telecom will dramatically increase the flexibility of its network, reduce overhead costs, meet the ever-growing data demands of its subscriber base and support various application scenarios such as accessing and connecting IDCs. Jiangsu will also be able to pave the way for the future development of applications including High Definition video, IoT and smart homes.
- Jiangsu Telecom can achieve unified, seamless, transparent and flexible IDC management to strengthen network flexibility and efficiency, while reducing operational costs
- The 7950 XRS, based on a highly programmable Network Processor (NP) architecture, provides the capacity and capabilities needed as service requirements evolve
- Nokia's NSP adjusts and optimizes network traffic using standard protocols such as OpenFlow, optimally directs network traffic to balance load and maximize efficiency and performance
- Nokia's NSP and 7950 XRS help Jiangsu stay ahead of increasing data requirements and support various IDC application scenarios
Mike Wang, head of the joint management team of Nokia Networks China and ASB, said: "As IDC network loads get heavier, operators are turning to cloud-based technologies to balance their network and make IDC management more efficient, flexible and seamless. Our industry-leading NSP and powerful 7950 XRS will let Jiangsu Telecom distribute its broadband resources intelligently and dynamically, and make its networks more agile, scalable and efficient. We're pleased to play such an important role in the first commercial Carrier WAN-SDN deployment in China."
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Nokia Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. //nokia.com
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: NOKIA via Globenewswire
Source(s) : NOKIA
Press Release Nokia and Facebook successfully completed multiple submarine field trials over a 5,500 km submarine cable between New York and Ireland This submarine field trial of Nokia Bell Labs' new probabilistic constellation shaping ...
Nokia and VimpelCom sign major five-year managed services contract for management of fixed, mobile and transport networksPress Release One of Europe's largest multi-vendor managed services agreements Nokia to manage network operations and field maintenance for majority of VimpelCom's fixed, mobile and transport networks Draws Nokia's extensive technology and ...