Boost.Python on Windows XP+VC7.1

To Forum
Hi,

My problem is the following

1/ I install Python 2.4 at D:\Programs\Python24 using the binary file from
www.python.org

2/ following the document from the boost.org I type the command

>bjam "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1 --with-python-root=D:\Programs\Python24" stage

But I receive the following error

> --with-python-root=D:\Programs\Python24-tools.jam: Invalid argument

I think I do something wrong here. If I use the simple command

>bjam "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1 " stage

I get the message:

>skipping Boost.Python .....

Can someone show me how can I install Boost.Python correctly?

TF

Laurent Pointal
To Forum wrote:
Hi,

My problem is the following
1/ I install Python 2.4 at D:ProgramsPython24 using the binary file from
www.python.org
2/ following the document from the boost.org I type the command
bjam "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1 --with-python-root=D:ProgramsPython24" stage
But I receive the following error

--with-python-root=D:ProgramsPython24-tools.jam: Invalid argument
I think I do something wrong here. If I use the simple command

bjam "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1 " stage
I get the message:

skipping Boost.Python .....
Can someone show me how can I install Boost.Python correctly?

If this can help...

See in the Jamfile, the list of options, where there is:

Features:
[zip]
--with-python-root[=PYTHON_ROOT]
Build Boost.Python libraries with the Python
devel packages located at PYTHON_ROOT.
Default PYTHON_ROOT; C:toolspython on Win32. <<<<<<
Default PYTHON_ROOT; /usr/local on Unix, Linux, etc.

Default PYTHON_ROOT; /usr on Cygwin.

So, you may try to use: --with-python-root=D:ProgramsPython24

(note the double )

A+

Laurent.