Getting ADSL service from a new provider in less than 5 minutes: standard procedure?

Yugo
This week, I was thinking about going back to Enter-Net/ColbaNet. VIF
is not bad. If pings are slow, d/l speeds are excellent, a cap at 100
GB is fine for me, etc., but it keeps experiencing problems with mail
and, mainly, news services: it gets better, then crashes again and it
doesn't seem there will be an end to it. Since even Google has news
hickups, another solution has to be found.

Enter-Net's service was really top. When their servers moved from
Île-des-Soeurs to Beaver Hall, they were down for about 15 minutes!
Then, it was bought by ColbaNet... It's not the same spirit, but it
worked all right until, one fine day, I got more and more problems
connecting.

They were checking this and that and nothing helped. It was getting
worst by the day. At the end, I'd sometimes spend a whole day offline.
So, I called VIF and, five minutes later, I was connected and
everything worked fine.

So, I thought that if connecting with a new provider was such a cinch,
I could give Colba another try. But support there tells me that I
couldn't be connected in less than 5 to 10 days, that they have no
idea how VIF could do it so fast. The person who took my call told me
he had only been there for 3 months but, after consulting with people
with more experience, suggested that VIF *could* be a subsidiary of
Bell! How chocking :)

So my question is: how long should it normally take to get connected
to a new provider when you already use ADSL service? How long does it
take if the new company doesn't mind losing 10 days worth of service?

Yugo
Yugo wrote:
[...]

Posté au mauvais groupe.

Thierry B.
--{ Yugo a plopé ceci: }--

They were checking this and that and nothing helped. It was getting

T'es vraiment chiant, tu sais...

| si FT déploie du GPON depuis le NRO vers le bas de l'immeuble, l'intérêt |
| d'utiliser le P2P en câblage vertical est anéanti. Et donc pour moi,... |