How to configure the run time of socket listening in Prod environment

sivasanks
Hi,

I am new to socket programming. I have couple of questions on the
deployment of the socket listener in the prod environment and the
communication. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Our listener needs to be active only during certain specified time
periods. What is the best way to configure the run time of the server,
this is say start and the end time of the listener.

2. We are sending the request to another application with one request
at a time, but during the peak periods, the volume will be pretty high
with around 5000 requests with in half an hour or so.
In that case while sending the request to another server, do we need to
open and close for each request or send all the requests in one burst.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Shankar

Lloyd Dupont
> I am new to socket programming. I have couple of questions on the

And probably to this newsgroup as well, that's a "fr" newsgroup and all post
are in french.
Maybe you were tired and typed in english (sometimes I do that) or tired and
use the wrong newsgroup?
Enfin c'est la vie! la prochaine fois utilisez un nesgroup anglais ;-)

deployment of the socket listener in the prod environment and the
communication. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Our listener needs to be active only during certain specified time
periods. What is the best way to configure the run time of the server,
this is say start and the end time of the listener.

What about using config file?
There is an extensive literature about app configuration. Starting right in
the SDK documentation
(look for "app.config file")

2. We are sending the request to another application with one request
at a time, but during the peak periods, the volume will be pretty high
with around 5000 requests with in half an hour or so.
In that case while sending the request to another server, do we need to
open and close for each request or send all the requests in one burst.

it's up to you!
keeping one socket would be better.
on the other hand you might want to use Remoting/WebService for
communication, which makes interprocess communication pretty easy, but
doesn't allow you to pool and reuse connection (unless you use some 3rd
party lib or spent 1~2 week on the problem yourself).