Howto do when "known_x/y's" of a fct are not contiguous

Syl20
Hi,

I want to use the TREND fct of excel 2003, which, as many fcts, needs a list
of "known_y's" and a list of "known_x's". My concern is the fact that I need
to use a list of non-contiguous cells and that the syntax of this fct seems
support only contiguous data list (eg: "A3:C3").

I have tried the following but it does not works:
=TREND((Q5,Q8,Q11),(F5,F8,F11),F14) => "#ref" error message
where:
- Q5, Q8, and Q11 are the "known_y's"
- F5, F8, and F11 are the "known_x's"
- F14 is the "new_x's"

Please help me to use a trick to make a kind of inline (I do not want to use
another area of the spreadsheet to make a contiguous copy of the cells where
the trend fct will pick-up the "known_x/y's") cell concatenation to make my
list of non-contiguous cells looking like a list of contiguous cells for the
fct.

Thanks in advance,
Syl20.

Laurent Longre
Hello,

Try this one :

=TREND(N(OFFSET(Q5,{0;3;6},)),N(OFFSET(F5,{0;3;6},)),F14)

Cordially,

Laurent

[...]

jps
ah! quand la mondialisation touche la bresse profonde....
anyway you are the one for me for me for me dable....
jps (from his cellar)

e5p%