If Canada is ASTC, is St. Pierre + Miquelon (a spitting distance from Newfoundland) DBV-T?

Max Power
If Canada is ASTC-HDTV, is St. Pierre + Miquelon (a spitting distance from
Newfoundland) DBV-T?
SP&M is an overseas department of France, like Mauritius, Reunion &
Tahiti...

Have the French standardised on DVB-T for their overseas territories?
Currently, a non French 'hexagon' Secam is used in the overseas territories.
I believe that the overseas territories Secam is compatible with USSR /
Middle East Secam, a Secam that fixes a few flaws not resolved in 'hexagon'
Secam.

If they have, are only the most robust modes of DVB-T allowed for use in
these territories?
Sometimes the quality of BSEE's available in the overseas territories can be
rather poor, and robust mode DVB-T simplifies the complexity of the
transmission chain.

One TV broadcaster in Sydney is running DVB-T in robust mode -- exact reason
still not clear to me (transmitter, research or EIRP related reasons all
possible).

Pierre Maurette
Max Power a écrit :
If Canada is ASTC-HDTV,

Do you mean ATSC-HDTV ?
is St. Pierre + Miquelon (a spitting distance from
Newfoundland) DBV-T?
SP&M is an overseas department of France, like Mauritius, Reunion &
Tahiti...

Yes, St. Pierre & Miqueleon is a french department, alike Réunion,
Martinique, Guadeloupe, Guyanne.
Tahiti is just the main island of Polynésie Française (French
Polynesia), a french territory with a special autonomy statute.
Mauritius ("Republic of Mauritius") has nothing to do with France today.
Just the official language, the main is english, along with french and
creole.
--
Pierre
Latruitedechoubert
Salut

Au cas ou tu ne le saurais pas ce newsgroup commence par fr , ce qui
signifie que l'on s'y exprime en Fraçais
I can undesrstand that american people is unable to speak a foreign language
it is so difficult for your small brains ...
So do not make any effort to give us ANY lessons or comments , especially in
your language
All my best
Maitre Po
"Latruitedechoubert" a écrit
Au cas ou tu ne le saurais pas ce newsgroup commence par fr , ce qui
signifie que l'on s'y exprime en Fraçais

Voire en français...
(avec un n, mais sans majuscule)

Je crois cependant que tu n'as pas fait attention au crucipostage monstrueux
du message d'origine. En plus, toi aussi, tu as répondu dans un langage qui
n'était pas le français, ce qui n'est toléré (je dis bien toléré) que
lorsque le texte en question s'accompagne d'une traduction en français. Mais
ne nous plaignons pas, c'est parfois l'occasion de voir fleurir de savoureux
anglais de cuisine bien de chez nous...

Maître Po
Bob Miller
Latruitedechoubert wrote:

Salut

Au cas ou tu ne le saurais pas ce newsgroup commence par fr , ce qui
signifie que l'on s'y exprime en Fraçais
I can undesrstand that american people is unable to speak a foreign language
it is so difficult for your small brains ...
So do not make any effort to give us ANY lessons or comments , especially in
your language
All my best

If you had read the only two post preceding your own you would know that
no one was making any comments on or giving lessons to anyone concerning
anything French. And these post were certainly NOT directed at any
French speaking person or group.

They were simply a question and answer in English to an English
newsgroup about what modulation was being used in a French speaking
territory.

So what could possibly have prompted your post? Maybe your brain could
not interpret correctly these English post even though of course you
speak and write excellent English.

Clear this up and you will have all of my best to.

Bob Miller
Jac
"Maitre Po" :

Mais ne nous plaignons pas, c'est parfois l'occasion
de voir fleurir de savoureux anglais de cuisine bien
de chez nous...

Oui, on "undesrstand" quand même !

Jam.
Gary J Tait
On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:12:34 +0100, Pierre Maurette
wrote:

Max Power a écrit :
If Canada is ASTC-HDTV,

Do you mean ATSC-HDTV ?

Plain ATSC, HDTV is not the same as ATSC, just one of the formats that
can be broadcat on an ATSC carrier.

is St. Pierre + Miquelon (a spitting distance from
Newfoundland) DBV-T?
SP&M is an overseas department of France, like Mauritius, Reunion &
Tahiti...

AFAIK, to maintian a techical compatiblity with the Canadian mainland,
SP&M uses Noth American standards.

Yes, St. Pierre & Miqueleon is a french department, alike Réunion,
Martinique, Guadeloupe, Guyanne.
Tahiti is just the main island of Polynésie Française (French
Polynesia), a french territory with a special autonomy statute.
Mauritius ("Republic of Mauritius") has nothing to do with France today.
Just the official language, the main is english, along with french and
creole.

Doug Smith W9WI
Gary J Tait wrote:
AFAIK, to maintian a techical compatiblity with the Canadian mainland,
SP&M uses Noth American standards.

To the best of my knowledge this is NOT true.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66
nfitz
In article <cunnkr$ki1$,
Latruitedechoubert wrote:
Salut

Au cas ou tu ne le saurais pas ce newsgroup commence par fr , ce qui
signifie que l'on s'y exprime en Fraçais
I can undesrstand that american people is unable to speak a foreign language
it is so difficult for your small brains ...
So do not make any effort to give us ANY lessons or comments , especially in
your language
All my best

You idiot, if you had looked at the post you replied to, it was posted
to several newsgroups, one with a fr.* domain, and the remaining
in other groups.

Kindly open your eyes before before acting like such a linguistic bigot.

Nick
Sal M. Onella
"Latruitedechoubert" wrote in message
Salut

Au cas ou tu ne le saurais pas ce newsgroup commence par fr , ce qui
signifie que l'on s'y exprime en Fraçais
I can undesrstand that american people is unable to speak a foreign

language
it is so difficult for your small brains ...
So do not make any effort to give us ANY lessons or comments , especially

in
your language

All the French people I ever encountered were nice, except the Paris
policeman who arrested me for taking Polaroid pictures on a public street in
1968 and you.
nfitz
In article <42115a3e$0$2174$,
Maitre Po wrote:
"Nicholas Fitzpatrick" a écrit
if you had looked at the post you replied to, it was posted
to several newsgroups, one with a fr.* domain, and the remaining
in other groups.

So, dont be a fool, remove the french group before answer. Thx.

If I had done that, then the offending poster would have seen the
post, as I suspect, that was the group he was reading from.

Pardonnez-moi pour ne parlent pas en français, mais je pense que
voudrais preferer mon bon anglais que mon pauvre français! :-)

I've made enough posts in the last decade criticizing those that flame
the use of French in Usenet groups, that I can't ignore the opposite
happening in an innocent questions that is cross posted to an fr.* group.

Nick