Maximum number of columns in an Excel sheet

ben_viper13
Hi there, I would like to know whether there is ameximum number of columns in
Excel??? I have reached column n.256 (I think) and now it's grey... Any idea
on how I could go farther to the right?!

papou
Hi
This the limit in Excel by design.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"ben_viper13" a écrit dans le
message de news:
Hi there, I would like to know whether there is ameximum number of columns
in
Excel??? I have reached column n.256 (I think) and now it's grey... Any
idea
on how I could go farther to the right?!

banjo
Salut,

The maximum number of columns in Excel is 256 (IV). If you need more, I do
not see any other solution than shifting to another sheet.
Note that you are on a french forum and it would be appreciated that you
communicate in french.

Regards,

Banjo

Hi there, I would like to know whether there is ameximum number of columns in
Excel??? I have reached column n.256 (I think) and now it's grey... Any idea
on how I could go farther to the right?!

Patrick BASTARD
Bonjour, *ben_viper13*

Excel 2007 beta : 16 384 columns, 1 048 576 rows !

--
Bien amicordialement,
P. Bastard