My computer won't boot

Al Makki
My computer won't boot. It always prompts me to insert system disk. I made
it certain that there is no diskette in the floppy drive and my BIOS is
configured to make the computer boot from the hard drive. I have windows
xp, Compaq system (HP).

A little history. The computer had a problem before. It had similar
problem. But that time the black screen comes and asks to select one of the
followings: boot normally, boot in safe mode, boot form a net work. .. The
problem was a bad memory card. I replaced the memory card and hard drive
and installed windows ex from scratch, from Compaq disks. I installed all
the needed updates. The computer runs well for a while and then I started
to have an error message about file name something like "nwiz" (may be an
application file) the problem started. Some time I think the update my have
something to do with this problem.

Sabrem JORAM
FU2 microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

FU2 microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Al Makki a écrit :

Hi

My computer won't boot. It always prompts me to insert system disk. I
made it certain that there is no diskette in the floppy drive and my BIOS
is configured to make the computer boot from the hard drive. I have
windows xp, Compaq system (HP).

A little history. The computer had a problem before. It had similar
problem. But that time the black screen comes and asks to select one of
the followings: boot normally, boot in safe mode, boot form a net work. ..
The problem was a bad memory card. I replaced the memory card and hard
drive and installed windows ex from scratch, from Compaq disks. I
installed all the needed updates. The computer runs well for a while and
then I started to have an error message about file name something like
"nwiz" (may be an application file) the problem started. Some time I think
the update my have something to do with this problem.

Crossposted on US NG (it's french-speaking here) and follow-up on

microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

--

Pascal, F-20214

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/