Reception de France 2-5 via Eutelsat/Atlantic Bird 3

Le
Agner Krarup Erlang
Bonjour,

excusez-moi pour l'Anglais, but my French is a bit rusty :]

A friend would like to receive France 2-5. As it seems, these channels
are broadcasted via Eutelsat's Atlantic Bird 3, however
www.lyngsat.com/ab3.html lists two DVB transponders, one carries free,
one encrypted. Where's the difference?

The page on international reception on francetv.fr says that
broadcasting stops at 19:00, is that correct? The page doesn't really
seem to be up-to-date, as it misses France 4.

Furthermore, as I couldn't find any info on satellite reception
specifically for French viewers on francetv.fr: How do you receive these
channels in France by satellite? Do you get free cards or do you have to
pay extra to view these public channels?

Merci,
Agner