Restore file accidentally saved over

Jean-Marc Prince
I accidentally lost a document I was writing in Word 2003. While typing, a
different typeface in a new page appeared. I thought I had accidentally
created a new section in my original document. For an unknown reason, I could
not erase it, so I saved the work, thinking I would close the new window and
return to my original document. Error. This erased a long document that I
cannot seem to be able to restore. Is there anyone who knows any way out of
this so I can recuperate or restore the original file?

Thank you in advance,