what does mean "too much recursion" ???

unbewusst.sein
on a line of my code, i get an error message from firefox 2 :

"two much recursion", i understand the english sentence by itself but
not the reason why because the line is :

function isObject(o){
return (o && typeof o === 'object' || typeof o === 'function');
}

another case where i get this eror message is when testing :

if(isString(o)) {

the function isString being as simple as :

function isString(s) {
return (typeof s === 'string');
}

???