ORLANDO, Fla., June 12, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --CISCO LIVE-Cisco today announced that it has released new developer capabilities across its intent-based networking platform. These advancements underscore Cisco's continued progress in delivering an ...
ORLANDO, Fla., June 12, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CISCO LIVE - Cisco today announced that it has released new developer capabilities across its intent-based networking platform. These advancements underscore Cisco's continued progress in delivering an open, programmable platform that spans the entire network, from campus to data center, branch to edge. By providing an open network, Cisco is empowering 500,000 developers, 60,000 partners and three million network engineers to innovate upon the platform.
Intent-based networking represents a fundamental shift in the way networks are built and managed. Moving away from the manual, time-intensive methods by which networks are traditionally managed, these modern networks capture business intent and translate it into network policies. These policies are then automatically activated across the entire infrastructure, with the assurance that the business intent was delivered as planned.
"Intent-based networking represents the next generation of open, IP-based systems that we've seen can change the actual fabric of society," said David Goeckeler, executive vice president and general manager of Cisco's Networking and Security Business. "Cisco is building an open architecture that will power an ecosystem to accelerate intent-based networking innovation. Already, our customers and partners are creating value from their networks in ways they thought weren't possible as recently as one year ago."
Announcing the DNA Center platform
Today, Cisco is releasing new developer tools and open APIs into Cisco DNA(TM) Center - the command and control center for campus, branch and edge intent-based networks. DNA Center turns the network from a combination of hardware devices into a single system. With the availability of network-wide APIs, Cisco now allows developers to easily program this system, tapping into all of the analytics and insight the network can provide.
With a rich API catalog, DNA Center allows customers to protect and inform their business like never before.
Elevating network intelligence into business operations: DNA Center helps enable developers to program the network as a single system through intent-based APIs. Now, developers can more easily create a new generation of network-aware applications, and partners can integrate the network into business processes.
Streamline IT processes across functions: DNA Center helps enable network IT administrators to exchange information to automate processes across IT systems through software adapters. Now, IT can move resources from operation to innovation.
Managing multi-vendor networks: DNA Center gives developers and partners the flexibility to support multi-vendor networks via a software developer kit (SDK). This allows customers to simplify the complexity of heterogeneous networks and manage them consistently, as a single system.
Already, 15 Cisco partners have built innovative solutions on the DNA Center platform and are demonstrating them at Cisco Live.
Announcing the largest developer community for intent-based networking
Cisco is also announcing that its developer community, DevNet, has surpassed 500,000 members. In building this large and active community, Cisco has introduced a new source of innovation as the network becomes increasingly programmable.
Today, Cisco is announcing three new developer initiatives to fuel its innovation ecosystem:
- DevNet Ecosystem Exchange makes it easy to find and share an application or solution built for Cisco platforms. Business leaders and developers alike can use this online portal to discover partner solutions that span all Cisco platforms and products. It contains over 1,300 solutions.
- DevNet Code Exchange gives developers a place to access and share software to quickly build next-generation applications and workflow integrations. A curated list of sample code, adaptors, tools, and SDKs is available on GitHub and written by Cisco and the DevNet community. Code Exchange spans Cisco's entire portfolio and is organized according to Cisco platform and product areas.
- DevNet DNA Developer Center is a one-stop-shop for developers to build applications and integrations on the DNA Center platform. It provides comprehensive resources, capabilities, use cases and learning materials for developers.
Availability, Services and Support
- The new DNA Center capabilities are scheduled to be available during the summer of 2018. Customers can purchase these new capabilities from Cisco and its partners via existing subscription offers.
- DevNet's Ecosystem Exchange, Code Exchange, and DNA Developer Center are available now.
- Cisco and its partners offer a full lifecycle of services to help customers streamline the journey to truly intent-based networks.
- Executive Blog: Why We're Making Intent-Based Networking Into a Platform, By Scott Harrell
- Executive Blog: Imagine the Possibilities, Blog by Nirav Sheth
- Executive Blog: Cisco DevNet Hits 500,000 Members, Gain Critical Mass, by Susie Wee
- Feature Story: The Network is Open for Business
- Video: Perspectives on the Power of an Open Platform
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow's digital opportunity today. Discover more at newsroom.cisco.com and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco and Cisco IOS Systems are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
RSS Feed for Cisco: //newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Cisco via Globenewswire
Source(s) : Cisco
New Tetration models deliver faster deployment and pay-as-you-grow flexibility SAN JOSE, Calif., April 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cisco today announced two new consumption models for its Cisco®Tetrationsolution for the data center and ...
LONDON, April 05, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cisco and Colt Technology Services announced today that they have successfully achieved a key milestone in upgrading Colt's pan-European, US and Asian packet network. This lays the foundation for ...