Press Release dtac will be the first mobile operator in Thailand to deploy a Software Defined Network (SDN)-ready IP/DWDM Core to support increased bandwidth demand Network will eventually deliver ultra-broadband mobile access to more than 40 ...
- dtac will be the first mobile operator in Thailand to deploy a Software Defined Network (SDN)-ready IP/DWDM Core to support increased bandwidth demand
- Network will eventually deliver ultra-broadband mobile access to more than 40 percent of the Thai population.
9 November 2016
Espoo, Finland - dtac, part of the Telenor Group and the second largest mobile operator in Thailand, has selected the flagship products in Nokia's IP/Optical portfolio to bolster its backbone network, becoming the first mobile operator in Thailand to implement a software-defined network (SDN)-ready IP/Optical network. The network will eventually deliver ultra-broadband mobile access to more than 40 percent of Thailand's population.
The number of mobile subscribers in Thailand is increasing rapidly, stimulating greater demand for advanced networks to support surging data consumption. dtac needed a core network to handle the increased data demand, but also with the open interfaces and the programmability necessary to support a migration to SDN.
Nokia products, including the 7950 Extensible Routing System (XRS) and the 1830 Photonic Service Switch (PSS), will replace dtac's existing IP core routing and Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) infrastructure to provide the capacity and capabilities required to efficiently address growth in demand, and lay the foundation for an SDN infrastructure. The deployment also includes Nokia's security gateway for dtac's LTE network. Combined, these platforms ensure that dtac is well positioned to meet customer bandwidth requirements into the future while improving network flexibility and reliability.
Prathet Tankuranun, Chief Technology Officer, Total Access Communication PLC (dtac), said: "Over the last two years we've seen demand for mobile broadband grow exponentially. As we prepare for future advanced technologies we've made a strategic choice for an SDN-ready IP/Optical network because it gives us the control and agility needed to run an efficient network that can rapidly adjust to evolving demand patterns. This deployment with Nokia is an important next step in our migration towards full SDN automation."
Sebastien Laurent, head of Nokia Thailand, said: "Deploying Nokia's end-to-end IP/DWDM Core solution provides the foundation for an SDN-centric network and will allow dtac to implement on-demand services while also easing operation and maintenance demands. Deploying this technology will make dtac the first carrier in Thailand positioned to implement carrier SDN in preparation for the cloud era."
- The Nokia 7950 XRS supports open interfaces that SDN WAN controllers can use to program the network through mechanisms such as OpenFlow, NETCONF/YANG, PCE-P or BGP/LS.
- The Nokia 1830 PSS brings programmability to optical transport with the agility of touchless CDC-F wavelength routing and the world's first truly programmable coherent interface, the Photonic Service Engine 2 with Super Coherent technology.
- dtac is also deploying Nokia's Wavelength Routing Engine GMPLS (Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching) Control Plane at the optical layer to provide automated network operation with the highest level of service protection for maximum reliability.
- Also included in the 1830 PSS is an integrated optical time-domain reflectometry (OTDR) card which provides enhanced troubleshooting capabilities.
- Web page : 1830 Photonic Service Switch
- Web page : Optical Networking
- Web page: 7950 Extensible Routing System
- Web page: IP Core Routing
Connect with Nokia:
- Subscribe to receive information on specific areas of interest
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Nokia Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. //nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: NOKIA via Globenewswire
Source(s) : NOKIA
Press release October 19, 2017 Espoo, Finland - Nokia will publish its third-quarter and January-September 2017 interim report on October 26, 2017 at approximately 8 a.m. Finnish time (CET+1). The interim report will be made available on ...
Nokia to modernize private nationwide LTE network for Finland's Ukkoverkot, supporting industrial and public safety servicesPress Release New mobile network supports Ukkoverkot customers including industrial IoT market, critical communications customers and private LTE-based network clientele, all seeking to capitalize on opportunies of digitalization Solution ...