Press Release Nokia 5G network solution to be deployed in 600MHz and 28GHz mmWave spectrum this year Enables T-Mobile to meet consumer demand for massive broadband and address new opportunities for the industry Leverages Nokia commercial AirScale ...
- Nokia 5G network solution to be deployed in 600MHz and 28GHz mmWave spectrum this year
- Enables T-Mobile to meet consumer demand for massive broadband and address new opportunities for the industry
- Leverages Nokia commercial AirScale radio platforms and cloud-native core, utilizing AirFrame hardware, CloudBand as well as 5G Acceleration Services
27 February, 2018
Espoo, Finland - Nokia and T-Mobile are to roll out a nationwide 5G multi-band network in the United States using the commercial Nokia 5G solution. Nokia will also further advance T-Mobile's existing 4G LTE network, providing advanced radio access network (RAN) support for 4G and 5G subscribers.
Nokia will begin building the network during the second quarter of 2018, completing the deployment during 2020. By the end of this year, the 5G RAN will be deployed using both 600MHz and 28GHz mmWave AirScale solutions for the delivery of multi-gigabit speeds and ultra-low latency in some of the most heavily populated areas of the country, including Dallas. This will enable T-Mobile to introduce innovative services for its customers at home, work and on the move.
Deployment of the 5G network in the 600MHz and 28GHz mmWave spectrum will be compliant with 3GPP 5G New Radio (NR) standards supported by the Nokia AirScale radio platform, powered by the new ReefShark chipset family and Nokia's cloud-native core portfolio. Nokia's 5G Acceleration Services will assist T-Mobile in launching 5G services in early 2019 in select key cities.
Neville Ray, chief technology officer of T-Mobile, said: "T-Mobile customers will get 5G in more places than anyone else. Working together with Nokia, the Un-carrier will be the first to roll out a nationwide 5G network. Our customers already have the fastest LTE network, and it will work simultaneously with 5G to bring even faster speeds."
Nokia's President and Chief Executive Officer Rajeev Suri said: "We are excited to work with T-Mobile for their groundbreaking nationwide 5G rollout. Nokia's 5G solution combines our high-capacity New Radio, Core and SDN controlled 'anyhaul' transport and software, and incorporates innovations such as the new in-house silicon ReefShark chipset to deliver a new level of network performance. 5G is happening now, and no company is better placed to deliver than Nokia."
About the network
- Nokia 5G NR incorporating Nokia AirScale baseband and remote radio heads, and ReefShark-enabled portfolio in the 600MHz and 28GHz mmWave spectrums. The Nokia 5G-ready AirScale radio access portfolio, which is software upgradable to full 5G services will provide enhanced RAN support for 4G and 5G T-Mobile subscribers
- Nokia installed Core technologies will be enhanced to support 5G, implementing a cloud-native architecture, powered by the Nokia AirFrame data center solution, Subscriber Data Management, CloudBand and Cloud Packet Core
- Nokia Mobile Anyhaul framework to enable ultra-broadband connectivity
- Nokia Digital Experience and Monetization solutions will support 5G device management and Narrowband IoT (NB-IoT) solutions
- Nokia CloudBand Management and Orchestration (MANO) software suite will automate cloud application deployment and lifecycle management
- Nokia NetAct virtualized network management software provides capabilities for troubleshooting, assurance, administration, software management and configuration, and managing the smooth evolution to 5G
- Nokia Global Services expertise, including automation to speed the rollout and analytics to help optimize network performance
- Web Page: Nokia 5G
- Web Page: Nokia AirGile cloud-native core
- Web Page: Nokia AirFrame data center solution
- Web Page: Nokia Cloud Packet Core
- Web Page: Nokia 5G Services
- Web Page: Nokia Connected Device Platform
- Web Page: Nokia IMPACT IoT Platform
- Web Page: Nokia Smart Plan Suite
- Web Page: Nokia CloudBand
- Web Page: Nokia NetAct
- Press Release: Nokia and T-Mobile achieve 1.3 Gbps speeds using Licensed Assisted Access
- Press Release: T-Mobile, Nokia, and Qualcomm Reach Record 1.175 Gbps Download Speeds in Advanced LTE Lab Trial
- Press Release: Nokia puts operators on path to 5G by boosting 4G performance
- Press Release: Nokia implements Future X network architecture for 5G to deliver breakthrough network performance and reduce costs
Tags: 5G, LTE
Connect with Nokia
- Subscribe to receive information on specific areas of interest
We create the technology to connect the world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
Nokia is enabling the infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things, and shaping the future of technology to transform the human experience. nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: NOKIA via Globenewswire
Source(s) : NOKIA
Press Release Nokia's largest 5G agreement globally will provide end-to-end 5G solutions for T-Mobile's nationwide 5G network 30 July 2018Bellevue, Washington and Espoo, Finland - T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) and Nokia today announced a ...
Nokia and T-Mobile achieve nation's first 3GPP-compliant bi-directional 5G New Radio data transmissionPress Release Standards-based test paves the way for 5G that works on actual smartphones when they become available next year 7 June, 2018 Bellevue, Washington - Nokia and T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today announced a major milestone in ...