Press Release Nokia made Telenor Group's key cloud core supplier in Scandinavia to drive network efficiency after it simplified the telecom operator's Asian hub networks Deployment in Denmark, Norway and Sweden will enable new capabilities in ...
- Nokia made Telenor Group's key cloud core supplier in Scandinavia to drive network efficiency after it simplified the telecom operator's Asian hub networks
- Deployment in Denmark, Norway and Sweden will enable new capabilities in service agility, scalability, automation and network slicing as Telenor evolves toward 5G
- Telenor will leverage Nokia AirFrame data center and Cloud Packet Core solutions, Nuage Networks SDN technologies, CloudBand Management and Orchestration Software and third-party security solutions
- Nokia to provide program management, deployment, integration, migration and operational support services, and facilitate onboarding of other virtual network core functions
17 December, 2018
Espoo, Finland - Nokia and Telenor Group are to deploy a cloud-native core solution based on Nokia AirGile technology, including the AirFrame data center and Cloud Packet Core, in Denmark, Sweden and Norway. The deployment will enhance performance and reliability and drive mobile broadband service agility as Telenor prepares for the introduction of 5G.
The cloud-native core solution will deliver new flexibilities and capabilities in automation, enabling Telenor's networks to instantly adapt and scale services to meet the changing demands of people and connected things. The ability to quickly onboard virtualized network functions across a cloud-based infrastructure will reduce time-to-market for new services. With the introduction of 5G, the solution will enable network slicing, allowing Telenor to further expand its service offerings to meet the ever-growing and diverse demands of people and industries.
Nokia will deliver an AirGile cloud-native core and deploy its AirFrame data center and Cloud Packet Core solutions, including its Cloud Mobility Manager and Cloud Mobile Gateway, Nuage Networks SDN technologies, the CloudBand Management and Orchestration Software and third-party security solutions. Leveraging Nokia's open approach to architecture and collaboration, Telenor will be able take advantage of a rich ecosystem of Nokia and third-party applications. Nokia will provide its services expertise and use its Cloud Collaboration Hubs to optimize the deployment and support network operations.
This agreement follows Nokia's earlier successful deployment of a cloud-native core solution for Telenor's operations in Thailand, Malaysia, Myanmar, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
Morten Karlsen Sørby, EVP and head of Telenor Group's Scandinavia cluster, said: "The transition to 5G will be driven by use-cases, allowing us to meet the needs of existing and new markets with innovative services. We are pleased to leverage Nokia's technology and services capabilities to help us transform our cloud networks in our Scandinavian markets and provide us with new efficiencies and capabilities as we make that journey."
Hilary Mine, Head of Nordics, Baltics and Benelux for Nokia said: "Nokia is able to draw on its extensive network and services expertise to deliver a cloud-native core network that will allow Telenor to speed service delivery and take advantage of new efficiencies in terms of scaling services and expanding capacity to meet demand. The Nokia cloud-native core will provide a solid foundation as Telenor evolves toward 5G."
About the network
- Nokia Cloud Packet Core enables the profitable delivery of enhanced broadband, Internet of Things (IoT), and machine-type communication (MTC) services while evolving to a 5G Core
- Nokia Cloud Mobile Gateway provides the flexibility, performance and scale required for enhanced broadband, IoT/MTC and also for 5G in the future
- Nokia Cloud Mobility Manager delivers the scalable and agile control plane capacity required for the increasing number of subscribers, connected devices, and new applications across 4G and 5G networks
- Nuage Networks SDN switches (210 WBX)
- Nuage Networks DC SDN (Nuage Networks VSP)
- Nokia CloudBand Management and Orchestration Software Suite
- Third Party Firewall solutions
We create the technology to connect the world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
We adhere to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. Nokia is enabling the infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things to transform the human experience. www.nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: NOKIA via Globenewswire
Source(s) : NOKIA
Press Release Telenor and Telia leverage Nokia-built advanced shared network to test new 5G services including 5G calling Denmark first to show Multi-Operator Core Network (MOCN) capability for multi-radio access technologies for 2G, 3G, ...
Press Release Nokia to replace legacy optical core network connecting 200 Telenor nodes in Norway and Sweden Advanced Nokia optical technology paves way for SDN-ready dynamic network capabilities Multi-terabit capacity will support ...