Nokia ground-breaking innovations allow webscale operators and service providers to build the world's most powerful networks Nokia introduces breakthrough IP routing portfolio, including industry's highest density and petabit-class performance ...
Nokia ground-breaking innovations allow webscale operators and service providers to build the world's most powerful networks
- Nokia introduces breakthrough IP routing portfolio, including industry's highest density and petabit-class performance
- No-compromise design delivers performance needed for immersive experiences with the security and intelligence required to support connecting and automating billions of devices
- Platforms powered by advanced Nokia new FP4 silicon - the world's first multi-terabit chipset, up to 6x more powerful than network processors shipping today
14 June, 2017
Espoo, Finland and San Francisco - Nokia today unveiled the world's most powerful internet routing platforms that will ensure modern networks are faster, safer and dramatically more adaptable. Nokia FP4 silicon provides a generational performance boost over existing solutions while delivering improved network security and intelligence.
The "next chapter" of the internet, including immersive communications, Internet of Things (IoT) and artificial intelligence/automation, will again boost productivity and further transform the way we work and how we live. It will also place fresh demands on the network. In addition to continued rapid growth in video traffic driven largely by social networking and content, the upcoming era will add dimensions of scale, create new security threats, and require more agility in network operations.
Nokia Bell Labs forecasts IP traffic will more than double in the next five years, reaching 330 exabytes a month by 2022 while growing at 25 percent compound annual growth rates. Peak data rates will grow even faster, at nearly 40 percent annually. This surge is a direct result of insatiable consumer and business demand for services - including high-definition video streaming and, more recently, virtual reality - combined with the advent of high-speed, low-latency networks that connect people and things. Nokia Bell Labs expects this latter market to reach 100 billion connected devices by 2025.
This new set of challenges will require a re-think of the internet infrastructure. According to Basil Alwan, president of the ION Business Group at Nokia, "The internet platform is set to fully subsume HD on-demand video while simultaneously expanding with connectivity to billions of new devices. Stepping forward demands an immense performance increase, vastly improved insight and security and, of course, compelling economics. With today's announcement, we are delivering the technology advances needed to support this evolution. The end game is all-important: an evolved global nervous system for society and certainly the most capable, cost-effective, resilient and secure infrastructure ever built."
- Nokia FP4 is the industry's first 2.4 Tb/s network processor silicon
- Industry-first support for terabit IP flows
- Industry's first petabit-class router with Nokia XRS-XC delivering 576 Tb/s of capacity
- New Nokia 7750 SR-s platforms provide highest density. The single-shelf Nokia 7750 SR-14s supports a 144 Tb/s configuration, and can scale up to 288 Tb/s in capacity
- Up to 6x increase in capacity of existing platforms provides investment protection for broadly deployed systems
- Unique enhanced packet intelligence and control capabilities to provide deep visibility and fine-grained control, improving quality of experience as well as asset utilization
- Total IP traffic increases to ~330 EB/month by 2022 - growing at 25 percent CAGR, with peak data rates growing at a faster 39 percent CAGR
- 3D/4K/UHD will experience a 4.79X growth from 2017 - 2022
- Wireless traffic will experience 7.5X growth from 2017 - 2022
- Worldwide IoT devices to grow from 12B in 2017 to 100B in 2025
- Deloitte Global forecasts 10 million instances of DDoS attacks in 2017
- New innovations website: https://networks.nokia.com/ip-networks-reimagined
- Networks Reimagined video: https://youtu.be/67hJvRcCjEo
- Networks Reimagined Livestream replay: https://pages.nokia.com/11251.IP-Networks-Reimagined.html
- Infographic: https://resources.ext.nokia.com/asset/201269
- Subscribe to receive our product news alerts
We create the technology to connect the world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
From the enabling infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things, to emerging applications in virtual reality and digital health, we are shaping the future of technology to transform the human experience. www.nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: NOKIA via Globenewswire
Source(s) : NOKIA
Nokia Bell Labs, Inria launch next phase of long-standing partnership to solve future network challenges and the role of machines in automating and augmenting human existence8 November 2017 Common research focuses on human needs in all contexts of communications - human to human, human to machine, system or platform, as well as intra and inter machine, system and platformNokia and Inria share expertise on ...
Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystemPress release Nokia's next generation of world-class OZO solutions sets a new standard for the creation, delivery and experience of immersive content Strong ecosystem support for OZO Reality Platform with new and expanded partnerships ...