Press Release New features, including push-to-video, enhance situational awareness and are pre-integrated on public safety devices Solutions are aligned with 3GPP standards to ensure long term investment protection, optimized network integration and ...
- New features, including push-to-video, enhance situational awareness and are pre-integrated on public safety devices
- Solutions are aligned with 3GPP standards to ensure long term investment protection, optimized network integration and support for a wide range of LTE handsets
7 November 2016
Espoo, Finland - Nokia is expanding its range of LTE-based public safety solutions with the launch of the Nokia Group Communications portfolio, which will enable first responder teams to securely communicate through new applications such as instant video connectivity alongside traditional push-to-talk features on a single device, to enhance operations and safety.
Within the Nokia Group Communications portfolio, Nokia has pre-integrated applications onto a range of devices to meet the high-quality, high-security demands of public safety agencies around the globe. Fast call set-up times will allow groups of field workers and command controllers to share live video feeds with each other to enhance their knowledge and ability to react in any situation.
Compatibility with 3G and Wi-Fi® networks ensures high service availability even if there is no LTE network coverage. Nokia Group Communications can be used with the Nokia Compact Network, the rapidly deployable solution which allows first responders to quickly deploy a private network in emergency situations.
The Nokia Group Communications portfolio is fully aligned with 3GPP, ready for mission critical push-to-talk standards. This ensures compatibility with future standards releases as well any devices being made available on the market in the future, allowing public safety operators to protect their investment. It also ensures easy integration with any LTE network.
Nokia Group Communications features
- High-capacity platform supports real-time push-to-video for 1,000 active users and 20,000 push-to-talk active users per single server with the ability to scale. Software license is offered on a pay-as-you-grow basis.
- Dispatch consoles incorporate voice, video and mobile CCTV features.
- Push-to-talk/push-to-video features are pre-integrated within a compelling range of secured and certified devices supporting a wide range of LTE frequencies.
- Aligned with 3GPP standards, ready for mission critical push-to-talk and push-to-video standards.
- Fast call set up with latency below 300 milliseconds
- Secured communications with end-to-end encryption at the application layer.
Thomas Lynch, Director for Security and Critical Communications Research at I.H.S. Markit said: "LTE provides new opportunities for the public safety market and as more agencies leverage mobile network technologies Nokia, as a market leader in LTE, is in a strong position to take advantage thanks to its growing and extensive portfolio. With the company's latest addition - the Nokia Group Communications - it is moving this portfolio to another level, adding an end-to-end encryption layer to deliver the high-level security demanded by public safety markets around the world. And by being fully aligned with 3GPP standards the portfolio allows a smooth evolution to MC-PTT standards and can operate with any vendor's LTE network."
Henri Tallon, Head of Public Sector at Nokia, said: "Nokia Group Communications further bolsters our comprehensive public safety offer with capabilities that will help first responders react more effectively in a crisis. With new applications like push-to-video, fully standards-ready, we can ensure public safety teams are better informed of a situation and therefore enhance safety and security for all concerned."
Did you know
- Earlier this year Nokia was identified as 'number one vendor of LTE public safety technology' in a global study of 100 operators by Current Analysis
- Nokia is matching the high-availability, security and quality needs of public safety agencies with a comprehensive portfolio of technology solutions, applications and network management and services expertise
- Web page: Nokia Group Communications
- Web page: Nokia Compact LTE solutions
- Web page: Nokia Public Safety
- Web page: Systems Integration Services
- Whitepaper: LTE networks for public safety services
Connect with Nokia
- Subscribe to receive information on specific areas of interest
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Nokia Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. //nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: NOKIA via Globenewswire
Source(s) : NOKIA
Nokia and Nordic Telecom launch the world's first Mission Critical Communication-ready LTE network in the 410-430 MHz bandPress Release Nokia's advanced technical solution will enable Nordic Telecom to offer broadband public protection and disaster relief (BB-PPDR) and IoT services across the Czech Republic. New spectrum paves the way for first responders to ...
Nokia selected by Kansas City Power & Light to supply a mission-critical communications network to enhance its power grid· Project will enable KCP&L to bolster power delivery to its 800,000-plus customers in northeast Missouri and eastern Kansas · Nokia Wavence(TM) microwave packet radio portfolio to support high-bandwidth services such as video and ...