Press Release Three-year contract extension for management of end-to-end operations Nokia remains sole managed services partner for Chorus 9 March, 2017 Wellington, New Zealand - Nokia has renewed its managed services agreement with Chorus, New ...
- Three-year contract extension for management of end-to-end operations
- Nokia remains sole managed services partner for Chorus
9 March, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand - Nokia has renewed its managed services agreement with Chorus, New Zealand's largest telecommunications infrastructure company, for a further three years.
Under the new contract, Nokia will continue to provide fully managed end-to-end operations services to further enhance the customer experience, operational efficiency and quality of the operator's national fixed line network.
Chorus will also leverage Nokia's technical capabilities and global services expertise to continue delivering an optimal customer experience across New Zealand.
Agreement scope, at a glance:
- Extension of the intitial managed services contract, signed in 2014, for a further three years.
- Managed services provision includes end-to-end operations and network management from Nokia's Global Delivery Center in India for best-in-class network quality and efficiency
- Real-time service management using performance data and proactive correlation of network events to prevent faults and improve network availability, as well as reduce the number of incidents while optimizing the costs.
Ewen Powell, CTO at Chorus, said: "Our decision to extend the existing agreement reflects our satisfaction with Nokia operations and support services. We need a partner that understands our business and can deliver simplicity over complexity, helping us launch innovative offerings to our partners and their customers while improving the overall reliability of our networks. Nokia has proven its capabilities to do that, so the extension was very straight forward."
Ray Owen, head of Oceania at Nokia, said: "This is an outstanding validation of our close, continuing collaboration with Chorus, one of Nokia's long-standing partners. This strategic project aligns with Nokia's global approach to operations and stands as a leading example for broadband service providers aspiring to best-practice management and enhancement of their networks."
Nokia has been working with Chorus since its inception in 2011, providing fixed access solutions, services and network operations support as the operator's preferred supplier. The contract reinforces the partnership between the two companies as well as Nokia's capabilities for managing operations of multi-vendor networks in Oceania.
Did you know?
- Nokia has extensive global experience in managed services for over 17 years, including network and service operations in mobile, fixed, applications and IP domains for government, enterprise and telecommunication markets.
- The company is a market leader with more than 200 managed services contracts in mobile and fixed networks across the world. Two out of three of these contracts are multi-vendor.
- Website: Nokia Managed Services
Connect with Nokia:
- Subscribe to receive information on specific areas of interest
Nokia is a global leader innovating the technologies at the heart of our connected world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
From the enabling infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things, to emerging applications in virtual reality and digital health, we are shaping the future of technology to transform the human experience. www.nokia.com
Phone: +358 (0) 10 448 4900
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: NOKIA via Globenewswire
Source(s) : NOKIA
Nokia and VimpelCom sign major five-year managed services contract for management of fixed, mobile and transport networksPress Release One of Europe's largest multi-vendor managed services agreements Nokia to manage network operations and field maintenance for majority of VimpelCom's fixed, mobile and transport networks Draws Nokia's extensive technology and ...
Press Release Nokia completes network upgrade in under three months enabling Ooredoo Myanmar to launch 4G services in major cities Existing managed services agreement extended to include 4G network operations Enhanced network capacity will ...