Nuage Networks has been selected for new Enterprise SDN/NFV SD-WAN portfolio and will be part of Vodafone Ocean Leverages Nuage Networks Virtualized Service Platform - only network virtualization, SDN and automation solution offering single ...
- Nuage Networks has been selected for new Enterprise SDN/NFV SD-WAN portfolio and will be part of Vodafone Ocean
- Leverages Nuage Networks Virtualized Service Platform - only network virtualization, SDN and automation solution offering single framework for policy-based automation across datacenter and WAN
14 March 2017
Espoo, Finland - Nokia today announced that it has been selected by Vodafone to be a global supplier of software-defined networking (SDN). Nuage Networks - the Nokia SDN venture - will be the supplier for SDN for the datacenter. As part of the selection, a VPN+ live pilot project with Vodafone is also underway, which will demonstrate the benefits of SD-WAN in providing leading-edge NFV and IoT applications.
The Nuage Networks Virtualized Service Platform (VSP), which will be at the heart of the Vodafone deployments, is the only network virtualization, SDN and automation solution offering a single framework to provide policy-based automation across both the datacenter and WAN. It empowers customers to transform their IT and build truly automated and agile application delivery and cloud networks. The end-to-end policy-based automation provided by VSP, across datacenter, WAN sites and public cloud providers, delivers synergy across network offerings, such as MPLS VPN and hybrid WAN services as well as hosted cloud services, by leading service providers such as Vodafone and other large cloud providers.
David Amzallag, head of network virtualization, Vodafone Group, said: "We look forward to working closely with Nokia on the successful roll-out of our Vodafone Ocean implementation and our new SD-WAN with our enterprise customers. An open, multi-vendor SDN infrastructure is key for delivering better, faster and smarter services to our customers.''
Sunil Khandekar, founder and chief executive officer of Nuage Networks from Nokia, said: "Nokia started the SDN/NFV journey with Vodafone more than three years ago, so we are now honored to be selected as a partner and to be awarded as a global supplier for SDN solutions. We are pleased that our Nuage Networks solution is Vodafone's top selection to transform their datacenter applications and VPN+ service offer with the highest levels of agility, simplicity and automated flexibility for all users."
The Nuage Networks VSP solution key facts:
- Enables high-performance, reliable SDN and policy-based automation for cloud deployments at scale
- Provides seamless virtual overlay networking across on-premises and public cloud environments as well as remote WAN sites for end-to-end automation and application delivery
- Supports a range of cloud orchestration platforms for infrastructure-wide automation, including OpenStack and CloudStack open source platforms
- Works across heterogeneous application platforms and workload types, including virtual machines, containers and bare metal applications to minimize disruption and accelerate cloud-readiness
- The data center and cloud networking framework of the VSP - Virtualized Cloud Services (VCS) - automates the configuration, management and optimization of virtual networks, including security services that provide tenant isolation and access controls to individual applications and workloads
- A centralized policy manager and SDN controller automate configuration and tuning of network and security devices, accelerating IT tasks, increasing scale and reducing errors
- VCS integrates with a broad range of open source reference architectures and management solutions to deliver virtual networking and automation in a highly scalable cloud environment
- Website: Nuage Networks from Nokia
About Nuage Networks from Nokia
Nu-âhj: From French, meaning 'cloud'. Nuage Networks from Nokia brings a combination of technologies and networking expertise to the enterprise and telecommunications industries. The Silicon Valley-based business has applied new thinking to the problem of delivering massively scalable and highly programmable SDN solutions within and across the datacenter and out to the wide area network with the security and availability required by business-critical environments. Nuage Networks, backed by the rapidly growing IP/Optical Networks business of Nokia has the pedigree to serve the needs of the world's biggest clouds. The cloud has made promises - the mission of Nuage Networks is to help you realize them.
For more information, visit Nuage Networks on: www.nuagenetworks.net, read the latest posts on the Nuage Networks blog //www.nuagenetworks.net/blog/ and follow the company on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nuagenetworks.
Nuage Networks Press Contact
Nokia is a global leader innovating the technologies at the heart of our connected world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
From the enabling infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things, to emerging applications in virtual reality and digital health, we are shaping the future of technology to transform the human experience. www.nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: NOKIA via Globenewswire
Source(s) : NOKIA
Etisalat chooses Nokia's Nuage Networks SD-WAN solution as part of its 'Sahaab Program' to cloudify network servicesPress Release In an MEA-first, Etisalat to provide automated, dynamic, programmable network services to its enterprise customers with self-service ordering and configuration of services Nuage Networks Virtualized Network Services (VNS) ...
Press Release Nuage Networks to support the Fujitsu Cloud Service K5's global expansion Fujitsu, Nokia's Nuage Networks launch the world's first OpenStack Ironic-managed* IaaS platform for bare metal cloud services for Enterprise. Deal ...