RALEIGH, N.C., Sept. 06, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL®, MongoDB® and other open source database solutions and services, today unveiled the full conference schedule forPercona Live Open Source ...
RALEIGH, N.C., Sept. 06, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL®, MongoDB® and other open source database solutions and services, today unveiled the full conference schedule for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2017, taking place September 25-27, 2017 at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. The Advanced Registration Discount rate expires on September 5, 2017. Sponsorship opportunities are still available.
The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe, which was completely sold-out in 2016, is the premier event for individuals and businesses developing and using open source software.
The conference theme this year is "Championing Open Source Databases," with sessions on MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB and other open source database technologies, including time series databases, PostgreSQL and RocksDB. The 2017 conference will feature a range of keynote addresses, in-depth discussions and hands-on tutorials for three formal tracks - Developer, Business/Case Studies and Operations.
The conference includes more than 100 keynotes, tutorials and breakout sessions. A sampling of each includes:
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Championing Open Source Databases - Peter Zaitsev (Percona)
- PMM Demo - Michael Coburn (Percona)
- MySQL as a Layered Service: How to Use ProxySQL to Control Traffic and Scale Out - Rene Cannao (ProxySQL)
- Real Time DNS Analytics at Cloudflare with ClickHouse - Tom Arnfeld (Cloudflare)
- Why Open Sourcing Our Database Tooling Was the Smart Decision - Shlomi Noach (GitHub)
- MyRocks at Facebook and a Roadmap - Yoshinori Matsunobu (Facebook)
- Prometheus for Monitoring Metrics - Brian Brazil (Prometheus/Robust Perception)
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- State of the Dolphin - Geir Høydalsvik (Oracle)
- Q&A with the authors of "Database Reliability Engineering" - Laine Campbell (Fastly/OpsArtisan) and Charity Majors (Honeycomb)
- Many Faces of Continuent Tungsten - MC Brown (Continuent)
- Customer Keynote: Database Performance in High Traffic Environments - Pavel Genov (Pepper)
Monday, September 25, 2017
- Troubleshooting MongoDB in Production - Tim Vaillancourt (Percona)
- Couchbase - The NoSQL Database for Engagement Use Cases - Abbas Ahmed (Rentalcars.com)
- Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7 Tutorial - Tibor Korocz and Alex Poritskiy (Percona)
- Monitor MongoDB with the Elastic Stack - Philipp Krenn (Elastic)
- Implementing MySQL Security Features - Colin Charles (Percona), Ronald Bradford (Pythian)
- MongoDB? Sharded Cluster Tutorial - Jason Terpko and Antonios Giannopoulos (ObjectRocket)
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- ProxySQL Use Case Scenarios - Rene Cannao (ProxySQL), Alkin Tezuysal (Percona)
- Heterogeneous Replication Between MySQL and MongoDB Using Tungsten Replicator - Pep Pla (Pythian)
- Migrating to Vitess at (Slack) Scale - Michael Demmer (Slack)
- MySQL 8.0: Atomic DDLs - Implementation and Impact - Ståle Deraas (Oracle)
- Turbocharge your MySQL Analytics with ElasticSearch - Guillaume Lefranc (Signal 18)
- MongoDB Shootout: MongoDB Atlas, Azure CosmosDB and Doing It Yourself - David Murphy (Percona)
- Using MongoDB and Elasticsearch - Independently or Jointly - Kimberly Wilkins (ObjectRocket)
- MyRocks Internals and Production Deployment at Facebook - Yoshinori Matsunobu (Facebook)
- MongoDB Security Checklist - Tim Vaillancourt (Percona)
- Mongo 3.6: What We Know Is Planned - David Murphy (Percona)
Open Source Databases
- Using Prometheus with InfluxDB for Metrics Storage - Roman Vynar (Quiq)
- RocksDB Static Sorted Table (SST) Formats: Considerations When Building a Search Engine - Tarek Sheasha (Booking.com)
- InfluxDB Storage Engine Internals - Gianluca Arbezzano (InfluxData)
- Database Migration: Challenges of Migration from Oracle to Open Source - Maurizio De Giorgi (EMBL-EBI)
- Evolution of the Prometheus TSDB - Brian Brazil (Prometheus / Robust Perception)
- Orchestrating ProxySQL with Orchestrator and Consul - Avraham Apelbaum (Wix.COM)
- Migrating to and Living on RDS/Aurora - Balazs Pocze (Gizmodo)
- Vitess: How to do Custom Sharding - Sugu Sougoumarane (Google)
- MariaDB 10.3 - Vicentiu Ciorbaru (MariaDB Foundation)
- MySQL Infrastructure Testing Automation at GitHub - Shlomi Noach and Tom Krouper (GitHub)
- PMM in Practice for MongoDB - David Murphy (Percona)
- High Performance JSON - PostgreSQL vs. MongoDB - Wei Shan Ang and Dominic Dwyer (GlobalSign)
- MongoDB Backup and Recovery Field Guide - Tim Vaillancourt (Percona)
- Automating and Managing MongoDB: An Analysis of Ops Manager vs. ClusterControl - Ruairí Newman (Severalnines AB)
- MongoDB's Hidden Knobs No One Talks About - David Murphy (Percona)
Open Source Databases
- Building Multi-Petabyte Data Warehouses with ClickHouse - Alexander Zaitsev (LifeStreet / Altinity)
- Scaling and Hardware Provisioning for Databases (Lessons Learned at Wikipedia) - Jaime Crespo (Wikimedia Foundation)
- Enabling ClickHouse Analytics in Your MySQL Application Using ProxySQL - Rene Cannao (ProxySQL)
- Building a Scalable Time Series Database on PostgreSQL - Erik Nordstrom (Timescale)
- Yandex ClickHouse: A DBMS for Interactive Analytics at Scale - Aleksei Milovidov (Yandex)
Sponsorship opportunities for the Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2017 are available and offer the opportunity to interact with DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors, and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Current sponsors include:
Diamond Sponsor - Continuent
Gold Sponsors - Facebook, VividCortex
Exhibitor Sponsors - Altinity, Ispirer, PGDAY Russia '17, Rackspace, Severalnines, TimescaleDB
Contributor Sponsors - Webyog, Oracle MySQL
Media Sponsors - CMSWire, Datanami, InsideBigData, InsideHPC, ODBMS.org, Opensource.com, O'Reilly Media
Eero Teerikorpi, Founder & CEO, Continuent
"Continuent is very excited to once again be participating as a Diamond Sponsor in Percona Live Europe, the premier open source database conference," said Eero Teerikorpi, Founder and CEO, Continuent Ltd. "The event is an excellent meeting place for Europe's diverse open source database community who use Tungsten Clustering, our state-of-the-art MySQL clustering solution for multi-site, multi-master deployments, and Tungsten Replicator for real-time data loading into analytics."
Percona Live Conferences
|What:||Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2017|
|Where:||Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, 8 Golden Lane, Dublin, Ireland|
|When:||September 25-27, 2017|
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL®, MongoDB® and other open source databases across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferencesdraw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
Company Information Press Contact Brigit Valencia For Percona (360) 597-4516 email@example.com
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Percona via Globenewswire
Source(s) : Percona
Conference Sponsorship Opportunities Are Available RALEIGH, N.C., Feb. 08, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL®, MariaDB and MongoDB® and other open source database solutions and services, ...
Percona Announces Speakers, Tutorials and Sponsors for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2017Early Bird Registration Discount Expires on August 8, 2017, Sponsorships Still Available RALEIGH, N.C., Aug. 03, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL®, MongoDB® and other open source database ...