Sponsorship Opportunities Still Available, Advanced Registration Discounts End on October 7, 2018RALEIGH, N.C., Oct. 04, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Percona, a leader in open source database software and services, today announced the conference ...
Sponsorship Opportunities Still Available, Advanced Registration Discounts End on October 7, 2018
RALEIGH, N.C., Oct. 04, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Percona, a leader in open source database software and services, today announced the conference sessions and tutorial schedule for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018, taking place November 5-7, 2018, at the Radisson Blu Frankfurt hotel in Frankfurt, Germany. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Advanced registration discounts end on October 7, 2018, and a discounted group rate for rooms at the Radisson Blu Frankfurt hotel ends on October 12, 2018.
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed, enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. An unbiased, trusted partner, Percona provides single-source expertise in multi-vendor environments that eliminates lock-in, increases agility and enables business growth.
The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 is the premier open source database event. The theme for the upcoming conference is “Connect. Accelerate. Innovate.” Percona Live conferences provide the open source database community with an opportunity to discover and discuss the latest open source trends, technologies and innovations. The conference includes the best and brightest innovators and influencers in the open source database industry.
Major areas of focus at this year’s conference will include:
- MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and other open source databases
- SQL vs. NewSQL vs. NoSQL
- Serverless, Cloud or On-Premises
- Database Security & Compliance
- High Availability and Scalability
- Monitoring and Operations
- Emerging Technologies
This year’s conference also introduces two innovations:
- A new “business” track, taking place on Monday, November 5, is targeted at business leaders interested in learning more about the benefits of open source, as well as common business pains and how these have been addressed through use cases and case studies.
- AWS is sponsoring a special cloud track of unique conference sessions on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
Conference Session Schedule
Conference sessions will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday, November 6-7 and will feature more than 110 in-depth talks by industry experts. Conference session examples include:
- Deep Dive on MySQL Databases on Amazon RDS – Chayan Biswas, AWS
- MySQL 8.0 Performance: Scalability & Benchmarks – Dimitri Kravtchuk, Oracle
- MySQL 8 New Features: Temptable engine – Pep Pla, Pythian
- Artificial Intelligence Database Performance Tuning – Roel Van de Paar, Percona
- pg_chameleon - MySQL to PostgreSQL replica made easy – Federico Campoli, Loxodata
- Highway to Hell or Stairway to Cloud? – Alexander Kukushkin, Zalando
- Zero to Serverless in 60 Seconds – Sandor Maurice, AWS
- A Year in Google Cloud – Carmen Mason, Alan Mason, Vital Source Technologies
- Advanced MySQL Data at Rest Encryption in Percona Server for MySQL – Iwo Panowicz, Percona, and Bartłomiej Oleś, Severalnines
- Monitoring Kubernetes with Prometheus – Henri Dubois-Ferriere, Sysdig
- How We Use and Improve Percona XtraBackup at Alibaba Cloud – Bo Wang, Alibaba Cloud
- Shard 101 – Adamo Tonete, Percona
- Top 10 Mistakes When Migrating From Oracle to PostgreSQL – Jim Mlodgenski, AWS
- Explaining the Postgres Query Optimizer – Bruce Momjian, EnterpriseDB
- MariaDB 10.3 Optimizer and Beyond – Vicentiu Ciorbaru, MariaDB Foundation
- HA and Clustering Solution: ProxySQL as an Intelligent Router for Galera and Group Replication – René Cannaò, ProxySQL
- MongoDB WiredTiger WriteConflicts – Paul Agombin, ObjectRocket
- PostgreSQL Enterprise Features – Michael Banck, credativ GmbH
- What's New in MySQL 8.0 Security – Georgi Kodinov, Oracle
- The MariaDB Foundation and Security - Finding and Fixing Vulnerabilities the Open Source Way – Otto Kekäläinen, MariaDB Foundation
- ClickHouse 2018: How to Stop Waiting for Your Queries to Complete and Start Having Fun – Alexander Zaitsev, Altinity
- Open Source Databases and Non-Volatile Memory – Frank Ober, Intel Memory Group
- MyRocks Production Case Studies at Facebook – Yoshinori Matsunobu, Facebook
- Need for Speed: Boosting Apache Cassandra's Performance Using Netty – Dinesh Joshi, Apache Cassandra
- Demystifying MySQL Replication Crash Safety – Jean-François Gagné, Messagebird
Tutorials will take place throughout the day on Monday, November 5, 2018. Tutorial session examples include:
- Query Optimization with MySQL 8.0 and MariaDB 10.3: The Basics – Jaime Crespo, Wikimedia Foundation
- ElasticSearch 101 – Antonios Giannopoulos, ObjectRocket
- MySQL InnoDB Cluster in a Nutshell: The Saga Continues with 8.0 – Frédéric Descamps, Oracle
- High Availability PostgreSQL and Kubernetes with Google Cloud – Alexis Guajardo, Google
- Best Practices for High Availability – Alex Rubin and Alex Poritskiy, Percona
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 are available and offer the opportunity to interact with the DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship details. Current sponsors include:
- Platinum – AWS
- Silver – Altinity, PingCap
- Start Up – Severalnines
- Branding – Intel, Idera
- Expo – Postgres EU
Percona Live Conferences
|What:||Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018|
|Where:||Radisson Blu Frankfurt, Franklinstraße 65, Frankfurt, Germany|
|When:||November 5-7, 2018|
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® MariaDB®, MongoDB® and PostgreSQL across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona® is a registered trademark of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
Source(s) : Percona
Percona Announces Full Conference Schedule for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2019DURHAM, N.C., Sept. 12, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Percona, a leader in open source database software and services, today announced the full conference and keynote schedule for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2019, taking ...
Percona Unveils Full Conference Session Schedule for the Annual Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2018Sponsorship Opportunities Still Available, Advance Registration Discounts End March 4, 2018 RALEIGH, N.C., Feb. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL®, MariaDB and MongoDB® and other open ...