Can't read CD-ROM's anymore (16 bit Windows Subsystem pb)

A340jock
As soon as I want to start some CD-ROM programs that I have already loaded
and used many times, a placard titled "16 bit Windows Subsystem" shows the
following message:
"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to
terminate the application.
[Close] [Ignore]".
Unable to go further.
Please Help.
Best regards,
Alex

Artic-C
Greetings*A340jock* who said:

As soon as I want to start some CD-ROM programs that I have already
loaded and used many times, a placard titled "16 bit Windows
Subsystem" shows the following message:
"C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to
terminate the application.
[Close] [Ignore]".
Unable to go further.
Please Help.
Best regards,
Alex

check out this link :
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

By the way you were posting in the french Windows XP Newsgroup

here is the link for the english ones
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

Regards,

--