Choice of data system

William A.
Hi,

I'm a student and I'm currently developping a backup application. My app
basically consists of a Treeview and a listview control which holds all the
files I want to back up and the ones that have already been backedup.

My problem : which is the best solution for saving my data (treeview
structure with files info ...). I think that loading the whole tree
structure (and file list and info...) would take too much memory.

I thought of using a database to store all my data. What do you think ?
I need to be able to quiclky search for data, for example when the user
selects a folder (virtual folder) , the listview must display the files
contained in this virtual folder.

What would a professionnal developper choose ?

Thank you very much for helping ! ;)

Will

ICQ#: 111148586 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me
ICQ#: 111148586 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me

Fabien LE LEZ
Wow... C'est un troll ?