Les courriels de BSA aux FAI

Lea Gris
Je vous donne ici un modèle de courrier type dépersonnalisé pour que vous
visualisiez ce qu'envoi la Business Software Alliance aux FAI.

J'aimerais avoir vos avis sur cette pratique et comment elle entre ou
n'entre pas dans le cadre légal vis à vis du droit français :

<---- COURRIER TYPE RECU DE BSA ---->
[ENGLISH DATE]

[NAME ADDRESS FROM REGISTRY FROM SUSPECTED IP]

RE: Unauthorized Distribution of the following copyrighted computer
program(s):

[COPYRIGHTED SOFRWARES LIST SHARED VIA P2P CLIENT FROM NETWORK]

Dear Sir/Madam:

The Business Software Alliance (BSA) has determined that computer programs
published by the BSA's member companies are being publicly offered for
unauthorized copying at the site specified below. We seek your assistance
as this location appears to make use of an Internet account under your
control.

While no judicial determination of infringement has been made, we have a
good faith belief that this activity violates copyright laws and probably
your terms of service as well. In contacting you in this manner, we seek
your prompt assistance in having the content removed or activity
discontinued. Voluntary, appropriate action can both render legal measures
unnecessary and serve a positive educational purpose.

Site Details:
Date Found: [ISO DATETIME]
Network: [P2P NETWORK NAME]
IP Address: [REMOTE IP]
IP Port: [REMOTE PORT USED]
Protocol: [REMOTE SOFTWARE NAME]
UserName: [REMOTE USER NAME]

Content being offered:
Filename: [COPYRIGHTED FILE TITLE] ([FILE SIZE])
Filename: [COPYRIGHTED FILE TITLE] ([FILE SIZE])
Filename: [COPYRIGHTED FILE TITLE] ([FILE SIZE])
Filename: [COPYRIGHTED FILE TITLE] ([FILE SIZE])

Based upon BSA's representation of the copyright owners in anti-piracy
matters, we have a good faith belief that none of the materials or
activities listed above have been authorized by the rightholders, their
agents, or the law. BSA represents that the information in this
notification is accurate and states, under penalty of perjury, that it is
authorized to act in this matter on behalf of the copyright owners listed
above.

Making copyrighted software available for unathorized downloading online is
highly damaging to copyright holders and wastes your network resources.
Furthermore, such unauthorized acitivity exposes the offender and related
third parties to potential legal liability.

We appreciate your cooperation in protecting legitimate interests and making
the Internet a safe and legal environment. Please advise us regarding what
actions you take.

Please include the following CaseID in any response you send: Case ID
1068436

Yours sincerely,

[BSA PERSON NAME]
Business Software Alliance
http://www.bsa.org
E-mail: [COPYRIGHT EMAIL CONTACT AT BSA]
<---- FIN COURRIER TYPE RECU DE BSA ---->

--
Léa Gris - http://www.noiraude.net/
() Campagne du ruban texte brut contre les courriels en HTML,

Lea Gris
Les courriels de BSA aux FAI
De:
Lea Gris
Répondre à:

Date:
Mercredi 24 Septembre 2003 23:37:59
Forums:
fr.misc.droit.internet
aucune référence

[...]

Date Found: [ISO DATETIME]
[...]

[CASEID]

Yours sincerely,

[BSA PERSON NAME]
Business Software Alliance
http://www.bsa.org
E-mail: [COPYRIGHT EMAIL CONTACT AT BSA]
<---- FIN COURRIER TYPE RECU DE BSA ---->

Léa Gris - http://www.noiraude.net/
() Campagne du ruban texte brut contre les courriels en HTML,
/ contre les pièces jointes dans un format propriétaire.
Olivier ROUX
"Lea Gris" a écrit dans le message de
Je vous donne ici un modèle de courrier type dépersonnalisé pour que vous
visualisiez ce qu'envoi la Business Software Alliance aux FAI.

rien recu

Je vous donne ici un modèle de courrier type dépersonnalisé pour que vous
visualisiez ce qu'envoi la Business Software Alliance aux FAI.

rien recu

C'est juste un exemple de ce qu'ils envoient. Il y a d'autres courriels du
même type envoyé à propos de films et musiques.

Ce qui m'intrigue c'est que ces organismes envoient ça en Anglais de manière
très automatisée.

J'aimerais savoir comment ces «plaintes/dénonciations» peuvent ou ne peuvent
être prises en compte. Est-ce recevable du point de vue du droit français,
si oui ou non et comment ?