Crash after SP4 installation

Win2000 SP 4 Crash
Hello,

I've just install the SP4 of Windows 200 on my computer a Compaq 1.7 Ghz on
a SP3 WIN 2000 and after the installation, I have the following message:
"Windows 2000 couuld not start because the following file is missing or
corrupt:"
"<Windows 2000 root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe."
"please re-install a copy of the aboce file"

Cool !
How can I re-istall this file ???? I try to copy it from the directory oif
the SP4 and SP3 but always same message.
Is it necessary to "rebuild" it ? And how ?

Thank you for your help

Claude

Sweety
Hi

It's a french newsgroup here :-)

You can boot on your Win2k CD -> follow the instructions -> choose 'install
Win2k', then choose 'update Win2k'
This will repair your configuration. without losses !

Enjoy !

"Win2000 SP 4 Crash" a écrit dans le message de news:
e#
Hello,

I've just install the SP4 of Windows 200 on my computer a Compaq 1.7 Ghz
on

a SP3 WIN 2000 and after the installation, I have the following message:
"Windows 2000 couuld not start because the following file is missing or
corrupt:"
"<Windows 2000 root>system32ntoskrnl.exe."
"please re-install a copy of the aboce file"

Cool !
How can I re-istall this file ???? I try to copy it from the directory oif
the SP4 and SP3 but always same message.
Is it necessary to "rebuild" it ? And how ?

Thank you for your help

Claude

Sweety
Sorry, you must uninstall the SP4 before this action, but your HDD don't
boot....
Do you have the emergency repair disk?
If ok, no problem. If not... you can use the 'console' to retrieve the file
"ntoskrnl.exe"